Strat and Les Paul fans Super strat era, help

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Strat and Les Paul fans Super strat era, help

Postby crowdaddy on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:33 pm

I wound up with a superstrat a while back and bought it because it said Gibson on the truss cover and I liked the neck and the price. I never even tried it in an amp. It sounded great when I got it home. Set it aside, played others when the jack had some issues. It said Gibson U-2 on the sticker. No logo, says i on all the pickups. Old school can't load a pic without major instructions. It probably is an Ibenez or Charvel or Jackson, or Kramer, shred era. 22 fret.
I understand that in the 80's there were many companies on that bandwagon, superstrat, Strat Les Paul in one. Gibson, us-1, u-2, Q200, Q300, Q400, M III, Mach II, us-3, sr-71. Does anyone know about any of these guitars? The 1988 u-2 was featured in guitar player in 2001- or 02, only 250 made. Mine is Red strat style with a Jackson type head, or Kramer head, Floyd Rose bridge, humbucker, single, single, dots are on the bass side of the fretboard, the finish has no binding on mine, with black bowling ball type lines running through the red finish, there is a small "tool kit" on the back of the pointy but slightly rounded headstock that matches the color of the body. In the tool kit are two small allen wrenches, apparently they were expecting a few break downs, handy for Floyd Rose bridge with the metal nut clamp and finger tuners at the bridge and 6 in line on the pointed headstock. Can you give me a clue? It has seven serial numbers on a sticker 9022957. Epiphone? The u-2 was according to some made in the custom shop, but nobody liked it and Gibson shreded some of the paperwork on it according to some blogs. I guess it was effective at shredding. Is this a fake?, you know with the truss cover saying Gibson? All hardware is black, had pickups off cleaned them and no markings except that white bold letter lowercase i on each pickup. In case your wondering about the sound, it sounds like a stratocaster, more so than my American Standard strat.
crowdaddy
Certified

Re: Strat and Les Paul fans Super strat era, help

Postby crowdaddy on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:41 am

Answering my own post, oh well, I found it, gibson epiphone stratocaster. One on ebay under gibson, I've had it for a year or more and just now figured out what it is called. Thanks vintage amps.
crowdaddy
Certified

Return to Modern Guitars