Fender Telemaster, just beautiful...

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Fender Telemaster, just beautiful...

Postby Duppy on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Anyone familiar with these? I hadn't even heard of them till today via this website:

http://www.makenmusic.com/product.cfm?p ... 68&catID=1

My favourite guitars are my American Series Tele and AVRI Jazzmaster, so this is just perfect.

Can't affordthe price tag but was thinking of building my own, anyone got an idea of how those pickups work under the scratch plate and what the wiring might be?
Duppy
Page

Re: Fender Telemaster, just beautiful...

Postby Duppy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:02 am

Nice! Decided to take on the project myself and have already ordered the body. Don't think i'll go for so much of a relic'd look, will hopefully get a bit of that naturally.
Duppy
Page

Postby RossNRoll on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Nice! Have you played the Nash Telemaster? It sounds just like a tele but with the jazzmaster body I think it gives the overall tone a slight twist. Definitely a unique take on the classic designs. The Lollar special bridge and vintage neck pickups are always a killer combo 8)
RossNRoll
Peasant

Postby Duppy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Cool, that heavy relicing is a bit much for me though but can see the appeal. And I prefer the neck pickup to be under the guard stealth style, that's what i'm going for, a texas special in the neck position and a Dimarzio Pro Track in the middle, with a 5 way selector throwing in a bit of Start to the mix.

I've got a few more parts for mine and more to come, will put or blog of some kind soon so you can see the progress.
Duppy
Page

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:35 pm

no thanks! *ugh*

i adore jazzmasters, and i do like teles... but this is just plain wrong. not my thing.
but good luck with the build!

Pat.
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Postby RossNRoll on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Fender recently put out a magazine ad for customer shop telemaster guitars that sell for over $4000!!! I understand that custom shop guitars should be more expensive than standard USA made guitars, but seriously??

Nash Guitars recently had so many orders for their telemaster that they decided to make it a standard model to be ordered for dealers! Really great quality and it's under two grand! Another reason why Nash is the relic company to go with for price and quality
RossNRoll
Peasant

Postby Duppy on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:54 pm

My Telemaster is now up and running, not finished, but playable. I intend to put up a blog of sorts that details the build. Here's a little pic for now.

Once i've raised the funds it'll get a paint job and 2 more PUPs.
Attachments
TeleBuild_20.jpg
TeleBuild_21.jpg
Duppy
Page

Postby CP 103 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Duppy wrote:Nice! Decided to take on the project myself and have already ordered the body. Don't think i'll go for so much of a relic'd look, will hopefully get a bit of that naturally.

Where did you get the body? What sort of wood is it?
CP 103
Knight

Postby Duppy on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:53 pm

I got the body from a luthier in the north of England. It's made from Alder. Routed for 2 more strat sized single coils under the pick guard.
Duppy
Page

Return to Modern Guitars