Schecter Banshee Guitar

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Schecter Banshee Guitar

Postby elda on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm

I never really considered getting a schecter guitar until I came across the gem. Bought this about a year ago from a local guitar shop. The guitar was on special and I got it for a very cheap price. This guitar just ceases to amaze me. MIK, Alder body, maple neck, rosewood board, MOP block inlays, bound neck matching head stock, grover tuners, wilkinson bridge....

The craftsman ship of this baby is identical to the American standard fender I had. The feel and playability are top notch. The only weak part of the guitar was the pickups. They were a pair of Duncan designed pu's I guess that means conceived by Duncan and built overseas. Neck was a lipstick pu that was very scooped in its Q response and the bridge was a HB pu, that was brittle sounding. After a little mod to the pick guard I fitted the neck with a Fender Jaguar pu and the bridge with a Gibson P-94T ( P90 in a HB Body). Set up the controls with one volume and two tone pots and a 3 way switch.....WOW, the guitar really cooks now :!: The sonics of the guitar are now on par with its craftsmanship and playability.

Too bad schecter discontinued this model. :(
Attachments
100_7659.JPG
100_7656.JPG
elda
Court Jester

Re: Schecter Banshee Guitar

Postby Demo on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:33 am

I was playing with all the acoustics at the local GC the other day. Walking out I (naturally) checked out the electrics. I picked up a Schecter something (shaped sort of like a PRS) with Gibson looking humbuckers, stunning finish, double bound, mahogany back, etc., for $400. I have no idea what it would sound like through a cranked Scorpion, but the components and craftsmanship were Carvinesque (as in remarkable for the money). Not the kind of thing I would normally look at, but very probably a cool guitar for the money?
I'm not from this planet.
Demo
Squire

Return to Modern Guitars