Gibson Blues Hawk

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Gibson Blues Hawk

Postby g60_dave on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Ive found one of these local to me, but know nothing about them. It has 2 p90s and played nice and its now on my mind as Im after a good p90 guitar.

Anyone have any experiences of them?
g60_dave
Page

Re: Gibson Blues Hawk

Postby christco on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:25 am

I once had a Nighthawk, which is the same guitar but I think it had a mini-humbucker instead of a p90 in the neck and a humbucker at the bridge. I liked it. It was like a little LP. I wish I'd kept it. I wound up trading it for a LP Studio Lite.
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!
christco
Baron

Location: Allen Park, MI, home of the Detroit Lions, where the NFL draft is our Super Bowl!

Re: Gibson Blues Hawk

Postby lyman on Mon May 03, 2010 8:56 pm

ah, the blueshawk. i used to own a black one. it does have 2 p-90's, plus a dummy coil to cut down on the hum. it also had a 5 position(i think) vari-tone control which is basically an eq selector. the result is plenty different sounds between all the different pickup/varitone combo's. it had a longer scale length (like fender) than most gibsons, which is also something to consider. the nighthawk is pretty similar, different pickups like christco said, and also it was a solidbody and was a little fancier looking maybe. i don't remember why i sold mine, exactly.....i think i wanted more of a humbucker tone in a bigger semi-hollow body with more resonance. it was a pretty cool guitar, i guess they didn't sell well though so gibson d/c'ed them. the only thing i didn't like was that they wrote "BluesHawk" in cheesy script on the body of the guitar. wtf??
lyman
Certified

Return to Modern Guitars