Road worn Tele

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Road worn Tele

Postby Superrevamp on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Just bought one blonde w/ ash body. Tried a lot of teles and esquires, including a few priced above the ten grand mark, but this is a winner. Cost $1500 in Denmark due to taxes, but i even skipped the normal "let me think about it for a couple of days". I don't know, never thought i would buy a relic'ed guitar, but this one knocked me out. Has had a lot of 50/60's Gibson and know when a guitar is something special, and this one is..MIM and all, haha
Any of you tried one of these? If not, you should, but only the blondes have ash bodies.
Superrevamp
Peasant

Re: Road worn Tele

Postby 57lpjr on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:23 pm

A friend bought one of the sunburst Tele's w/the maple neck and it sounded great. I didn't like the neck "wear" they put on the fingerboard of those necks though. It seemed like bends on the frets with the "wear" didn't work as well. I did try a rosewood board Start and really liked that neck.

If I wasn't already trying to dump some gear I'd consider grabbing one...
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Return to Modern Guitars