Had a few Hours to spare so tried some guitars...

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

Had a few Hours to spare so tried some guitars...

Postby g60_dave on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 am

Was between meeting yesterday in Chester so went into a decent indipendent guitar store to have a noodle.

Now, Im considering a Relic custom shop for £2000 so I started with a Gretsch Nashville, which Ive never played....and it didnt do it fr me. For £1800 it was ordinary. Dissapointing. Then I tried a Ricky 330. Had one about 10 years ago but found it to one trick pony-y, It this one was the same, but fun. Then I tried a few tokai's, fire birds etc, which for £300, were all great.

Conclusion..........Cant wait to have saved up enough for my Fender. But my 3 other fenders will do for now, but the White falcon I (stupidly) didnt try is still playing on my mind.
g60_dave
Page

Re: Had a few Hours to spare so tried some guitars...

Postby PRSdork on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:42 am

Rics always feel like toys to me, the neck's too slim and they just seem fragile. Nice to look at and certainly not hard on the ears, but I imagine one would have to have a light touch to play Rics regularly.

Still, there's worse ways to kill an afternoon than in a guitar shop...
Adventure, heh! Excitement, heh! A Jedi craves not these things!
PRSdork
Squire

Re: Had a few Hours to spare so tried some guitars...

Postby phlizmo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 pm

PRSdork wrote:Rics always feel like toys to me, the neck's too slim and they just seem fragile. Nice to look at and certainly not hard on the ears, but I imagine one would have to have a light touch to play Rics regularly.

Still, there's worse ways to kill an afternoon than in a guitar shop...

Interesting. I found Ricks to be real beaters.. You can really slam em around with heavy riffing. And they are sick lead guitars if you strangle them.. Sure they take more work than say a Les Paul with 009's but if you can make em speak they are great instruments.
phlizmo
Baron

Return to Modern Guitars