New Fender Eric Johnson RW and Richie Blackmore guitars.

Every brand has a home in this forum. If your like many guitarist and use guitars that are custom built or just production, your in the right place.

New Fender Eric Johnson RW and Richie Blackmore guitars.

Postby Anchorman on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:13 pm

I just saw these at Fenders homepage http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0117700899. I guess it's like the current Eric Johnson signature, but with bound rosewood neck and custom colors. Maybe not for the vintage spec purist, but they sure looks tasty :)

EDIT: Just saw they have a new Blackmore signature as well, with graduated scalloped neck! http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0139010305 :jam: :drool:
Anchorman
Certified

Re: New Fender Eric Johnson RW and Richie Blackmore guitars.

Postby madstrat on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:32 pm

the blackmore has a street $ of 1200clams...gotta be mim..which is what it is...;

the ej looks cool...i have been avoiding them cuz i'm afraid i'll have to buy it :thumbsup:
madstrat
Knight

Postby GoldenVoice on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 am

I've heard Lincoln Brewster say that the Eric Johnson Strats are the closest thing that Fender is making to the vintage ones. I haven't got to play one yet, but I'd really like to hear it. Price is pretty reasonable, too.
"No Stairway?! Denied..."

http://www.myspace.com/davidbussing
GoldenVoice
Court Jester

Postby beanbags on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:18 pm

GoldenVoice wrote:I've heard Lincoln Brewster say that the Eric Johnson Strats are the closest thing that Fender is making to the vintage ones. I haven't got to play one yet, but I'd really like to hear it. Price is pretty reasonable, too.

I bought an EJ when they first were released. I played five before picking the best one available (ser # under 100). I initially thought it was a pretty great guitar but fell out of love with it pretty quickly.
The neck shoulder cut is too sharp for my taste (where it breaks on the fingerboard). Not very vintage-like.
Also, I really didn't bond with the pickups. The fret work could have been better as well.
Last spring, I bought a Thin Skin 54 from Wildwood Guitars and I will say that it is the closest production Fender guitar to a vintage vibe, hands down.
The neck cut is fabulous and the overall fit and finish leaves the EJ in the dust.
My friends and I who own both all agree that the Wildwood is closer to what an EJ Strat should be than the EJ!
And, it costs less as well!
Highly recommended!
beanbags
Squire

Postby Johnny C. on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I really like my EJ Strat. I'm not %100 satisfied but pretty close. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing that goes from pristine clean to that beautiful upper octave feedback with the click of a (fuzz) switch.
It is only noise that we secretly want - Morton Feldman
Johnny C.
Modern/Experimental probation

Return to Modern Guitars