is this 1961 pickup worth anything?

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

is this 1961 pickup worth anything?

Postby robml on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

hey guys,

was driving home when i spied this junkshop guitar on the side of the road (council cleanup)-

being the guitar junkie i am you never know what you are going to find.

the guitar looks trashed. but it has been retrofitted with this pickup and wiring (original). it was also fitted with brand new gotoh tuners and a gotoh 103 bridge with uncut saddles (something i was considering buying.. lol)-

anyway, the pickup says "ROWE INDUSTRIES TOLEDO, OHIO, U.S.A" and is stamped with ink "MAY 23 1961"

anyone know anything about this pickup? the switch is switchcraft, the jack is switchraft, and the pots are dimarzio- all looks in pretty good nick for 1961

cheers, rob

edit: added a picture of the tailpiece, which appears to be cast (poorly) and also looks old- im thinking the guitar is a home made one that has had the parts transferred into-
Attachments
junkshop_tailpiece.jpg
junkshop_pickup.jpg
junkshop_guitar.jpg
robml
Peasant

Re: is this 1961 pickup worth anything?

Postby BigDaddySun on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 pm

This a DeArmond gold foil pickup and if it is working would bring between $100-150 on Ebay
BigDaddySun
Peasant

Return to Vintage Guitars