Eko Guitars?

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

Re: Eko Guitars?

Postby gypsy moth on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:05 pm

yeah, all the brass, right down to fretmarkers, neck through, 3 layer body with matching wood control cavity cover, all point to Daion. there were some later ones that looked like it - but missing those features.

the EKO is almost on the fetish site you link to, "Ekomaster" under sparkling early sixties - except I'm sure mine was 3 pick up - and no whammy.
the pearl push buttons and dials instead of knobs are right, though.
http://www.myspace.com/gmothmusic

2002 live from the globe of death, 2004 a collection of favorite spanish love songs, 2007 the tomb of the deaf, 2009 killing it in a bad way
gypsy moth
King

Postby Funky54 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:31 am

I've seen a lot of them actually. Most of the acoustics had warped necks. What were the les paul copies with the stick in modules? Those were cool. I actually thought they were well made.
Funky54
Certified

Postby fredrum on Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 am

thet really are all over the place in southeastern wisconsin, i work at a couple of musci stores, one in kenosha and one near milwaukee, and we see old ekos all the time.....from plain acoustics to four pickup switch bank sparkly craziness.....i even went to a rummage sale once and some guy had a bunch of nos pickups, pickguards, etc from when loduca sold all the remaining parts they had in their warehouse. as far as new ones go, and to the best of my knowledge someone is still making guitars branded as eko, im not sure, as ive never seen any in person.....
fredrum
Court Jester

Previous

Return to Vintage Guitars