Fender Bullet Deluxe

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

Fender Bullet Deluxe

Postby oldcollector on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi
I am a newbie at this but can someone tell anything about the Fender Bullet Deluxe guitar? Recently purchased one from a friend for 200.00 and he says that it is a collector's item. It is Ivory colored and comes with a Fender case and has a great sound ( the reason I purchased it). When was it made and for how long. I know this is Fender made in USA. Thanks for whatever info you can give me.
oldcollector
Peasant

Re: Fender Bullet Deluxe

Postby firebirdjake on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 pm

If memory serves me correctly, the Bullets were U.S. made budget guitars from ca. 1981-83 or so, after which the Bullets were imports under the Squier brand. I recall 2 & 3 pickup versions with roughly Tele and Strat shaped bodys with Tele shaped headstocks. One model had a metal pickguard and the bridge was a bent- up nubbin on the pickguard, like it had mated with an old Musicmaster bridge! For the price I thought they were darn good guitars. I filled one of the 3 pu Strat shaped ones with Duncans and used it for a couple years 'till it got stolen while I was picking up a pizza. Durrr :( now I lock my car doors.
Sua cuique voluptas

"What's polarity mean?" Quoth the "sound man" at a gig 11-16- 2012

Don't die with the Music in You!
firebirdjake
Knight

Location: Betwixt the plank and the earschplittenloudenboomer.

Return to Vintage Guitars