70s Ovation "Preacher" solidbody - INFO?

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

70s Ovation "Preacher" solidbody - INFO?

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 am

hey guys there's a wonderful example of these guitars for sale locally at a -i think- great price.
any info or aprox. priceline on these?
anyone have a first-hand experience with these?

thanks!

Pat.
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Re: 70s Ovation "Preacher" solidbody - INFO?

Postby christco on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am

Depending on condition and whether it is a Deluxe or not (the Deluxe had spiffy inlays, I think crosses, IIRC) I'd say between $500-750 US would be fair.
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!
christco
Baron

Location: Allen Park, MI, home of the Detroit Lions, where the NFL draft is our Super Bowl!

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

thanks! yes i am indeed looking at an DELUXE model with the nice abalone inlays and the big golden brass OVATION plate on the back. nice nice. with original hardcase priced at around $300, i might pick it up. sure looks interesting and "original" (as in something you don't see everyday).

i remember a place in mexico city where they have one of these NOS never sold, in a nice silverburst a la gibson. man if it was a 12string it'd be mine already.
oh well...

Thanks!

Pat.
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby Baxthorpe on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 pm

My memory says these have a preamp inside, and people think they don't sound too good, not realising that with a new battery the sound improves by about $300.
Buy it quick ...
Baxthorpe
Peasant

Postby Pacafeliz on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 am

thanks but damn, i missed it by about 5 minutes.
oh well... can't win 'em all.
i sure regret it cuz it was a really nice looking guitar. and yes it was the deluxe model with original case.
stupid me.

Pat.

Pacafeliz
King

Return to Vintage Guitars