I have a 1968 Stratocaster Neck with Tuners

Vintage guitars are heaven with 6 or 12 strings for many players. Here you can exchange the tips, the photos and your favorite vintage flavor. Learn how to identify and ask the experts who frequent this forum

I have a 1968 Stratocaster Neck with Tuners

Postby TimeWarp on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm

I have a 1968 Stratocaster Neck with Tuners. I've looked quite a bit and just not finding much on them in regards to the value and not seeing any for sale. Is there anyone here or maybe a website around I might get a better idea of what the value might be?

TimeWarp
Peasant

Re: I have a 1968 Stratocaster Neck with Tuners

Postby Watto on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:59 pm

There's always an Ebay but the prices vary from fair to extroadinary , then you can check Gbase for retail prices

But it's all really down to what you want for it, how much fret wear , the condition of the fretboard etc, I see it needs a new nut ,

PM me once you work out a price, I'm very interested in it

:thumbsup:
I'm a Fender guy
Watto
Squire

Postby TimeWarp on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah, that base string piece of the nut broke off this morning. Fretboard to me is amazing, fret wear I'd say is about 30% so my guess is 70% left.

Trust me I've looked a lot and haven't seen this one. They might be right in front of me and I'm looking over them.

I've had it since the 80's and think it may be time to move it on to someone else.

I was also wondering if it being January (one of the first) made it more desirable. I'll continue to look, thanks for the pointers anyway.
TimeWarp
Peasant

Postby Stinkfoot on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Check out Eddie Vegas. He asks ridiculous prices for parts.

He is currently advertising 68 necks between $3000 and $10,000

I have a genuine 1964 neck with tuners and original frets going for $4995 that I have had no takers for yet, so I think he is being somewhat optimistic.

I saw a 1963 neck that eventually sold in the UK for £2,000 so I would gues if you want to sell it you would be looking between £1000 and £1500. Whatever that is in Federal reserve notes.
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Strat59 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeah Eddies prices are 2006. For the upper price of his Necks you can now buy a whole Original '65 Strat in todays market. You can ask what you like but finding a buyer is another thing altogether. You need someone with a late '60s Strat looking for a neck , a limited market I'd think.

Eddie asks mega prices , he's had a lefty Tele made for Elliot Easton on ebay now for the ? rotation...... well I did inquire about it when it was on ebay last December 2011 and it's still going around. Same price , won't drop it one cent :roll:

Put it on ebay , starting bid $500 and let it roll. If not much action you can always cancel it a day or two out.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby TimeWarp on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:04 am

I found this one that's stamped the same, from what I can see it's got a lot more wear than mine. I haven't had much luck finding other original 68 rosewood necks. I had thought the maples were the rarer ones but I've seen several maples and there all over $7,000 without the tuners http://www.eddievegas.com/store/details ... t-Neck.php

Thanks,

Dave
TimeWarp
Peasant

Return to Vintage Guitars