Schematic needed for a 90's Vox Pathfinder V9158

Community amplifier schematic and diagram library

Schematic needed for a 90's Vox Pathfinder V9158

Postby TacomaRyan on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:42 am

I have a '99 Vox Pathfinder that recently gave out a lovely burned slot car track smell and now hums loudly when turned on (no instrument signal). I've tested the capacitors, resistors, diodes, transistors, potentiometers and jacks and they all seem fine. There is one componant though that registers no value and in fact, I'm not exactly sure what the hell it is. It has 4 contacts with 2 to a side and the circuit board denotes it with "PH1" (photo-transistor?). One side of the mystery item reads "LT 99" with a + signal flow indicator.

A schematic would be ideal, but I would love to know what exactly that little bugger is. I'm attaching a picture of it. Thanks!
Attachments
circuit.JPG
TacomaRyan
Peasant

Re: Schematic needed for a 90's Vox Pathfinder V9158

Postby 86runner on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:52 pm

I too would like a schematic for a Pathfinder 15 (without reverb). I have heard that the optocouplers on these things need to be replaced whether working or not becuase they WILL go out at some point. I've attached a link to the product and it kind of looks like what you've got there. I'm needing to replace mine as my tremelo doesn't work and I've read that this is the fix. Could this little optocoupler be your problem too? http://www.alliedelec.com/search/produc ... KU=9800710
86runner
Peasant

Re: Schematic needed for a 90's Vox Pathfinder V9158

Postby curtispayne on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I too have a Pathfinder w/o reverb, and the tremelo does not work. I am willing to take a flyer and replace the optocoupler, but I don't know the spec of the component. Allied has a 40ma optocoupler for sale, does any know if that is the standard spec for this thing? If anyone gets a schematic of this amp would you please post it? Thanks : )
curtispayne
Peasant

Return to Schematics and More