Guinnea Pigs needed - tube preamp pedal kit

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Guinnea Pigs needed - tube preamp pedal kit

Postby gusfinley on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:44 am

No takers in the effects category so I'm posting here

I recently built and documented a Matchless hotbox style tube preamp pedal. This is an improvement over my previous version that is found here: http://enginerdamps.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... pedal.html

I've got a parts list, schematic, wiring layouts, drill templates, assembly instructions and a 3D PDF to help a DIY'er build a pedal of remarkable quality. I intend on selling these as an "information kit" to people interested in building one.

If you are interested in building one of these and can complete it within 2 to 3 weeks, send me a PM. I'll give two of you the instructions for free if you'll give me some detailed feedback. It would be a bonus if you have a little amp building experience, at least some soldering skills.

It cost me about $130 to build my pedal including the shipping charges to give you an idea of build cost.

Moderators: if I'm breaking any rules here, please let me know.

Thank you!

"Gus"
gusfinley
Knight

Re: Guinnea Pigs needed - tube preamp pedal kit

Postby gusfinley on Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 am

I'm looking for anyone interested in the above offer. I need some feeback on my documentation.

Thank you for your interest!
gusfinley
Knight

Re: Guinnea Pigs needed - tube preamp pedal kit

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:06 am

You have peaked my curiosity

PM sent

i probably have 95% of the parts

as an ex-computer programmer i have *excellent* documentation skills. they used to use my documentation to teach the class of how to document "how-to's" to other programmers at ROI Systems, now part of epicor.
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders