Bluesbreaker Cabinet & General Marshall Woodworking Question

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Bluesbreaker Cabinet & General Marshall Woodworking Question

Postby SgAndrew on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 am

Hello everyone, greetings from EU!

I'm looking to build a BB combo cabinet from scratch. I'm a carpenter, so technical parts and tools won't be any problem here.

I found some plans online, but somehow either they are in inches, and one I found says BBcab was made from 19mm plywood. Now, usually in shop we have access to either 18mm or 21mm birch plywood.

Can somebody confirm what they actually used? I can easily trim down 21mm plywood if that is correct indeed.

I will go for vintage dimensions, not reissue ones.

The other question is front board construction. According to plans, the upper part with logo is same height as side heights that are used to raise grill cloth. If that's correct, where do you actually snap grill into place up there? Or are those two pieces, separate, and then when you put speakers in, there goes nice golden line to cover the hole up?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I want to do it right.

I will finish it in white tolex from TAD. The main reason for doing this is a head cab that got broken in accident and pair of speakers laying around that need a home Since we buy plywood in HUGE bulk, whole cost of this will finish around 70 euros :)
SgAndrew
Peasant

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders