Reverb Driver question

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Reverb Driver question

Postby Kcz5o on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Can anyone tell my what type of reverb driver I would need for a Plush p1000-s? It is a 4 - 6l6gc amp that uses a 12au7 driver tube.
The reverb pan is a Gibbs and I think it is 8ohm input and 2250 ohm output. Most of the drivers I see listed are 8ohm input and 25 k outpout. Would that work for my replacement?

Thanks in advance.
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Reverb Driver question

Postby PeterS on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:22 am

Do you mean you need a replacement tank?
Posts: 6156
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:07 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Reverb Driver question

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Those were basically Twin reverb copies, should have a 12at7 pi and reverb driver tube. Depending on what parts you need, AE should have driver transformers, tanks and tubes, again, look up TR from '68 to '75 or so.

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth
Posts: 17324
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:01 am
Location: Central, New York

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests