Hammond Organ into Princeton Reverb

For those building and repairing amps on their own. Learna and share ideas.

Hammond Organ into Princeton Reverb

Postby jj205 on Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm planning on building my own Princeton Reverb using a hammond ao-29. I know it's got plenty of room for me to work in and I figure i can use the PT and OT. I plan on stripping all of the wiring out and making my own board with new resistors and caps. Is there a good parts list somewhere that I can go off of to make sure I get everything I need? This one seems very thorough, http://el34world.com/Hoffman/PrincetonReverbParts.htm.

Also, I plan on following this schemtic from Weber, https://taweber.powweb.com/store/6a14_layout.jpg. I would definitely appreciate some input. This will be my first amp build, and I know the PR isn't the easiest to start on but I really think I can do it just don't want to pay $600-$900 for a kit. Going to build a head and run it into a 210 with Jensen C10q's.

Thanks in advance!
jj205
Peasant

Re: Hammond Organ into Princeton Reverb

Postby ThisLifeILead on Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Princeton reverb is a GREAT choice!
as your first build, take your time!! that is the biggest factor.
For the power supply caps, spend the extra money and get the metal twist lock ones. Easy and take up very little space in that cramped chassis. You can even see weber uses them for the kit.
Now that i look at the layout it is going to be tight but its not a high gain amp so you should be ok.
Pay attention to your grounding scheme and wire up your primaries and heaters first. Then you can test for shorts and issues with the iron before you proceed.
Pics pics pics!!
"Great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds" - A.Einstein
ThisLifeILead
Squire

Return to Do It Yourself Amp Builders