Custom amp makers (help)

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

Custom amp makers (help)

Postby Reindy Rhoads on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for an amp head that excels at classic/hard rock, and oldschool metal - think Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns 'N' Roses, and Nirvana-type sounds. Sound and construction quality are on the top of my list of priorities. My favorite amp heads I've seen so far include the Soldano Decatone and Hot Rod 50 Plus, Diezel Einstein 50-watt, and Fortin Bones. As a rule of thumb I'm looking for small-scale amp makers who are concerned more with quality and less with making large sums of money

Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Reindy Rhoads
Peasant

Re: Custom amp makers (help)

Postby 57lpjr on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Our gracious host here is Mojave Amps so I'd start right there.
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Re: Custom amp makers (help)

Postby Reindy Rhoads on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Yeah, I checked out the Mojave site - I really like the looks of the Coyote, Plexi 45 and 45 SE, and Peacemaker.
Reindy Rhoads
Peasant

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders