Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue vs Vox AC30CC2

Contemporary amp builders and manufacturers.

Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue vs Vox AC30CC2

Postby Cosmicdancer on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Hey everyone. Had a quick question to run past you all. I may have the opportunity to trade my Vox AC30CC2 with a friend of mine for a Fender '65 TRRI. We actually swapped for the week try them out and see what we think of them before pulling the trigger. I like the Vox, but have always felt that Fender 6L6 amps to be more my style.

Obviously, the TRRI is super loud and super clean. I'm only able to get it to around 3 at the very most for "bedroom situations", but I do play in a band that gigs regularly in which case I can probably run it a little bit hotter, though not much. Regardless, so far I am loving the clean tones on this thing, even at a lower volume. It seems to take well to my ts-808 reissue and Fulltone OCD dirt pedals.

Do any of you that have owned either or both care to weigh in with your pros/cons for these two amps? They seem to be valued pretty equally used just from looking at them on ebay. Any thoughts? Obviously, I know it's all about my own opinion and everyone else's opinion will differ, but I value the opinion of other players so shoot them at me!
Cosmicdancer
Peasant

Return to Modern Guitar Amps and Builders