brutally GASing for an old VOX AC30 - what i need to know

AC4, AC10, AC10 Twin, AC10 Reverb Twin, AC15, AC15 Twin, AC30 Twin, AC30 Super Twin, Top-Boost, Non-Top-Boost, AC50, AC100, 710, 760, 7120

Re: brutally GASing for an old VOX AC30 - what i need to kno

Postby vintagekiki on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:20 am

dlvoots wrote: It took me almost a week of thinking about it, but I finally understood what you meant by "Loud Thinking" in your post ...

Dave

You're right. Loud thinking = Just thinking out loud
Yes I thought that, but https://translate.google.com/ did not understand well

vk
vintagekiki
Certified

Postby Pacafeliz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:38 pm

dlvoots wrote:Pat,

[Warning! Long Post]

Here's my take on what makes an AC-30's signature sound, and why you would want (or wouldn't want one)...

(WOW AMAZING DESCRIPTIONS!)

There you go! Hope this description helps.

Dave

DUDE, thanks so very much for this whole thing... i kinda forgot about it, once the deal slipped by and i kinda lost the motivation... (but wait...)
That is quite a bit of useful info, really worth of putting in a magazine just like that.

Well, but deal-hunter (and hoarder) as i am, i will not (be able to) spent +2000 on an old mega-valuable amp.

I was now able to snag one for 600, it's a late 70s Rose-Morris model, should be here next week. it looks kinda rocked but completely unmodded. original blue VOX speakers, though i guess these aren't the looked-for AlNiCo ones.
But i'll report back how i get along with it, pics and such coming up ASAP.

Thanks guys, and stay tuned!

Pat. :)
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Postby BlueSkye on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm taking a different approach. I had a few bucks lying around and placed an order for the new AC30HW60. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if it's anything like those made 60 years ago.
BlueSkye
Certified

Postby gusfinley on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:07 am

BlueSkye wrote:I had a few bucks lying around and placed an order for the new AC30HW60.

Good Grief! "A few dollars laying around." You could have likely picked up two vintage players for the price of that thing!

We'll be anxiously waiting your feedback.
gusfinley
Knight

Postby BlueSkye on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

gusfinley wrote:
BlueSkye wrote:We'll be anxiously waiting your feedback.

I'd be glad to do so. My vendor of choice has pushed the delivery date back several times already and I hope this doesn't turn into a "snipe hunt" for me.
BlueSkye
Certified

Previous

Return to Vox