Got me a cool lil sleeper today!

Safe haven for everything low-frequency. Bass players unite in this forum.

Got me a cool lil sleeper today!

Postby Kevlar3000 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Found a great playing/sounding old PV T 20 today for 149.00. Plays GREAT, love the pickup, as it is great for the funk stuff. Natural finish, about an 8 outta 10. http://www.vintageguitar.com/uploads/ar ... lue-02.jpg Here is a pic of the model.
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Re: Got me a cool lil sleeper today!

Postby bassplayerbell on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Thats the same one I learned to play bass on! I would still have it but a singer "borrowed" it and never seen him again.
bassplayerbell
Peasant

Postby spacetrucker on Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 am

Nice, I got a T40. And it is a beast of a bass. Is it just me or are these basses really really Heavy? I'm surprised sometimes you can get Vintage us made musical instruments for cheap still. Of course your model is a little more bare bones, But that can't be worse than trying to Fix my instruments switching. I mean, I need a new jack, but I don't want to even attempt it because of the phaseing and coil taps in both instruments, not to mention the weird arrangement of them.
spacetrucker
Peasant

Postby Kevlar3000 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:55 pm

It is definately 70s heavy, I used to have a late 70s Ibanez Artist series bass. That sucker was crazy heavy, had the active dual pickup thing and sounded GREAT. Totally regret selling that guitar. This one while simple, sounds GREAT. Very full but with a bright treble response. The neck plays perfect for my tastes. It is an absurd bargain IMO. I googled a cool vintage guitar mag spotlight on em. They seemed to like them a lot.
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Postby Roy33 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:40 am

nice score on that bass, insanely cheap for what it is.
Roy33
Knight

Return to Bass Talk