Will trade nice 70s Ampeg SVT for an old Orange head...PICS

Safe haven for everything low-frequency. Bass players unite in this forum.

Will trade nice 70s Ampeg SVT for an old Orange head...PICS

Postby Pacafeliz on Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:07 pm

(sorry for the waste of space hijacking - i posted this in the orange and misc. american amps section too...)

hi there guys!
i have just picked up a real nice old 70s Ampeg SVT head, all original and perfectly working. magnavox tubes all over (except 2 sylvanias in the power section), all working fine, the 6550s are juicy... it's got it all. oh right, except the 2 handles. it even has the diagramms in an old envelope that's been glued into the amp (inside)... etc. etc. the ventilator does its job great!

i am not really a bassist, not at all really. so it got me thinking if maybe someone over here would be interessed in trading this "holy grail" for a nice old orange head. don't care if it's beat up (my '73 orange 4x12 looks beat to death!), but it should work properly.

ok for more info or questions (i HOPE there's someone interessed out there) PM me or ask here. i can take pics of every angle and little thing...

remember i'm in puebla, mexico, and i'd pay for shipping of the ampeg, you pay for the shipping of your orange...

let me know then, alright? thanks and good luck! thanks for looking!

front

back (the back cover is nicely chromed, and the vent does its job!)

don't you just LOVE that line!? :twisted:

ok so i was too lazy (it's HOT here!) to take all the screws off the back. but here's some pics from the removed front panel.

all the proper instructions to bias the amp are there (i don't understand it anyways... :oops: ) - ok i know it's still dusty in there... (i'm allergic... - yeah right!)

on the left you see the envelope with the diagramms/schematics safely stored...

the above mentioned schematics, in perfect shape. also, i've you've neever seen a SVT up close and personal, here you can realize how BIG/LONG these things are. oh and did i mention it is HEAVY!?

ok and for finishing... a nice shot of the tubes on the roof... 2 of those 6550's are sylvanias, the other ones are still the original (GREAT sounding and EXPENSIVE) magnavox tubes.

thanks for looking, lemme know what goes, then...
have a nice day/week!

Pat.
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Postby Pacafeliz on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:23 am

*final bump*
ok here we go!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

sorry for taking your time and space! :oops:

Pat.
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

Pacafeliz
King

Postby cerrem on Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:16 am

Pat... I am sorry I did not see this sooner..
I need another SVT head...and i can get my hands on an Orange head from a my friend.. :cry:

Chris
1969 SVT Bass Amps x2 + 4 8x10 cabs...
1964 JTM-45 (GEC KT66)
1965 JTM-45/100 Super-Amp100W(GEC KT66)
1965 JTM-45/100 100W SuperPA (GEC KT66)
1967 Super Lead 100W (Mullard EL34)
1968 Super Bass 100W (Mullard EL34)
Various cabinets
100% EVH free
*****SEMPER FI*****
cerrem
Knight

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:29 am

Methinks Pat would pull that ad if you hook him up. :wink:
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Pacafeliz on Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:44 pm

PM recieved and replied! :wink:

thanks!

Pat.

Pacafeliz
King

Return to Bass Talk