clean amp to go w/ peacemaker?

Discuss the Mojave AmpWorks product line.

clean amp to go w/ peacemaker?

Postby mixohoytian on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:56 pm

what have some others done? I want to buy a coyote when I can...not only for the clean, but man, when I heard Vic get the brian may lead tone, I was blown away by the coyote

but have any other set up a newer fender or vox or something with decent results?

also, could this be done with a combo?

using gcx switcher
plus the wet dry thing
Just wondering if I can avoid getting another 2x12 by using a clean combo amp + send the signal out to the rack for a wet side?

(use my 2x12 as a wet cab both for the clean amp and for the mojave)

thanks
mixohoytian
Court Jester

Re: clean amp to go w/ peacemaker?

Postby JJGray on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:53 am

It think you can easily accomplish what you want with what you listed. As long as you have a way to split a lineout to your affects, and you use line level equipment (unless you have a line/inst level converter box handy), you should be good to go. Does the Combo accept a line-level back in? If not, you'll need to convert from line to instrument level, and roll off some highs prior to running into the combo's input jack. Too difficult to answer without knowing the specs of the combo amp.

For me, I use a VHT 2/50/2 power amp with my Mojave amplifiers. It's loaded with features, and it's the best sounding power amp I've owned. I prefer to run my setups as follows:

Single Mojave amp W/D/W setup:
Guitar > Rack Pedals (via Axess GRX4's: Flanger - Phaser - Boost - EQ) > Mojave Scorpion (or Peacemaker) > Palmer PDI-03 >
(DRY) - Palmer PDI-03 Speaker Thru > HotPlate > Dry Cabinet
(WET) - Palmer PDI-03 Lineout > TC 2290 (Loops: Fulltone TTE - Graphic EQ - HUSH) > VHT 2/50/2 Power Amp > Stereo Wet Cabinets.

Dual Mojave amp setup (Same as above except):
Guitar > Rack Pedals (Axess GRX4's) > **Axess HS/2 Head Switcher** > Mojave Scorpion **and Peacemaker** > (HS/2 Returns) > Palmer PDI-03 >

Hope this helps!

John -
Mojave Peacemaker #0025
Mojave Scorpion #0025
Mojave 4x12's
JJGray
Page

Postby JJGray on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:00 am

I just reread your OP, and I originally thought that you were wanting to use a power amp (clean) with your Peacemaker, as in a W/D/W setup.

If you meant that you want to switch between the Peacemaker and the Clean Amp, then my post may not be of much help. Sorry about that.

John -
Mojave Peacemaker #0025
Mojave Scorpion #0025
Mojave 4x12's
JJGray
Page

Postby asopaque on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 pm

just had a thought. if you used a, say, Fender Twin Reverb, which has a wonderful clean, and you had an A/B switch, you could switch between the Mojave and the Twin, right?

But what if you ran the line out of the Mojave into your 'wet' effects, and then ran that into the 'normal' channel on the Twin?

So if you A/B, you would be using the Twin exclusively, in the Vibrato/Reverb channel, and then when you A/B back to the Mojave, the Twin's normal channel is acting as a 'wet' slave to the Mojave's effects.

Would that work? I guess the only bad part is that you're running the Mojave's signal through the Fender's preamp rather than straight to the power section? But if it's pure wet signal, wouldn't the preamp maybe provide some additional eq'ing?

hmmm....
"...forget about your sin, give the audience a grin. enjoy it...it's your last chance, anyhow!"
http://www.myspace.com/asopaquemusic
asopaque
Knight

Postby mixohoytian on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 pm

sorry if I wasn't clear...I swear I don't have add, I'm just all over the place when I go online cause I only do so when I'm at work :sleepy:

interested in what other's have done for clean channels
I don't have a clean amp yet, I will get the coyote eventually, but in the meantime, may get a cheaper fender or somethign

what I have:
wet dry set up
peace maker w/ 4x12
then 2x12 w/ effects and cheesy power block

It's been so long since I've had a combo amp that I have a stupid question:
do combo amps, like a fender or vox , usually have a line out that can go to my wet side?
then my clean combo would be dry
and my 2x12 would be wet for fender and for the peacemaker

should be a no brainer as long as the combo has a line out right?
I guess in the back of my mind, I remember having practice amps that , when you plugged in the line out, the speaker would turn off...
mixohoytian
Court Jester

Return to Mojave AmpWorks