Some Questions concerning MentoneMan's signal chain

Discuss the Mojave AmpWorks product line.

Postby mentoneman on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:11 pm

riffhog wrote:
Lumberjack wrote:
Bronco wrote:If you don't have an effects loop, run the second amp as clean as possible, with the bass, mid, and treble dimed, then adjust as necessary.

BTW-I picked up a Barber Tone Press recently, & have tried multiple settings & configurations with it, but I'm not feeling the love, man. I don't know ....
Pat! Help!

yes, clean as possible, then use the tone controls to add/subtract frequencies as you see fit---you may experience ground buzz as well, which i believe vic has addressed when using the mojave's built in line out, by allowing you to pull the line out control to lift the ground if i'm not mistaken.

since my coyote is pre-PD/line out, i have a bradshaw isolation transformer which i insert in line to the second amp to eliminate hum.

i've been using my rig in stereo recently, but splitting the stereo out of the gforce to the coyote and my egnater tol 100, and without the iso transformer the eggie hums like mad
mentoneman
Squire

Postby Lumberjack on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:47 pm

Hey Mentoneman, wonder what kind of Tonebone settings you had on your Classic Rock clip on youtube. You really nailed the brown sound with that one. Do you know of any other cool settings for the Tonebone? I've seen some Eric Johnson settings on the web and also heard about a Boston tone you could achieve with the Tonebone, but haven't seen any settings descriptions...
Lumberjack
Peasant

Postby mentoneman on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

tonebone settings for VH

it's a humongous 200+mg quicktime mov file which streams pretty slowly, so you may want to wait for the youtube version, or not... 8)
mentoneman
Squire

Postby Lumberjack on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Wow! Thanks for making the vid! You got your Top End on Flat, the Mid Boost in the Out Position and the drive gain in the mid position, is that right? Again thanks a lot for making this awesome vid, it surely helped me... and it's amazing how much better the 200MB clip sounds :)
Lumberjack
Peasant

Postby mixohoytian on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:36 am

so does everyone think the wet signal can be just with a crate power block and sound great?
the tone is already there and just clean power is all thats needed right?
thnaks
mixohoytian
Court Jester

Postby Bronco on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:34 pm

mixohoytian wrote:so does everyone think the wet signal can be just with a crate power block and sound great?
the tone is already there and just clean power is all thats needed right?
thnaks
Yes...absolutely...or any other amp with an effects loop...just run from the Mojave Line Out into wet effects into Crate PB or directly into an effects loop of another amp (this will bypass the preamp). If you're running wet/dry, remember that the wet effects don't need to be that loud.
Bronco
Peasant

Postby mixohoytian on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:31 pm

cool thanks, I'm gonna try the power block
what's everyone's opinion on a wet cab?
I could do 2x12. 4x12 or if I get a 4x12, I can make it stereo left and right
also, do people like to have the same speakers in the wet cab as i the dry cab?

also, should I make the cab completely wet? as opposed to 50/50 in the wet cab
mixohoytian
Court Jester

Previous

Return to Mojave AmpWorks