Rack Mount Amp For Billy Gibbons

Discuss the Mojave AmpWorks product line.

Postby AC50 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 am

plexi wrote:Since this is a road amp that needed to be rack mounted we had a different cabinet to work with and there was more space for a few things. Adjustable Bias with prob outputs on the back. A built in dummy load to shut off speakers if need be. We used some super high end tube sockets and front mounted power damping and line level output. We also used an aux Filament transformer for the heaters for lower noise. I think that might be it. Probably missing something but that is what I recall off the top if my head.

So, if I buy a stock Scorpion head, in essence ,I'll have the same thing Billy's gigging with? In other words, would he still get the same sound out of the stock head?

Do you know what he was using previously?
AC50
Emperor

Postby motrock on Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:34 pm

AC50 wrote:
plexi wrote:Since this is a road amp that needed to be rack mounted we had a different cabinet to work with and there was more space for a few things. Adjustable Bias with prob outputs on the back. A built in dummy load to shut off speakers if need be. We used some super high end tube sockets and front mounted power damping and line level output. We also used an aux Filament transformer for the heaters for lower noise. I think that might be it. Probably missing something but that is what I recall off the top if my head.

So, if I buy a stock Scorpion head, in essence ,I'll have the same thing Billy's gigging with? In other words, would he still get the same sound out of the stock head?

Do you know what he was using previously?

He used everything! LOL I can't believe the different gear that I have seen him play with on live performances on tv. For a while it seemed like it was something different every performance. He's not as bad as Joe Perry. When I saw Aerosmith Joe had a good 7 different amp heads up there. They were all custom boutique heads.
I like to rock!!!!
motrock
Knight

Postby plexi on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes essentially the amp is the same but sonically the same.
plexi
Site Admin

Postby joshwilson3 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 am

Last edited by joshwilson3 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
joshwilson3
Page

Postby pckpat on Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:57 pm

well congrats on that vic-having billy g (who is one of THE tonemeisters,i'm sure almost everyone will agree)using your product.(and for go,not just show :lol: )i remember a post on here a while ago,where you mentioned something about doing work for zz-quite a coup,imho.
pckpat
Emperor

Re:

Postby AC50 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 pm

How about this unlabeled transformer on the lower right side of the picture?

AC50
Emperor

Re: Rack Mount Amp For Billy Gibbons

Postby plexi on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Currently included in our currently production. Aux heater supply for the preamps.
plexi
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mojave AmpWorks