Practice spaces

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Postby MrArchive on Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:38 pm

A band I was in about 20 years ago worked out a deal with a club owner we had worked for. We would play 1 off night a week to pay rent and then we could practice during the day and after last call while they cleaned the place up that part sucked because we were up late and had to load in and out but it worked for us for about 9 months.
MrArchive
King For A Day

Postby AC50 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:58 pm

I've also known guys to rent vacant store fronts on a temporary basis until a new merchant moves in. You might not want to leave your gear there, but it's a space, usually in a commercially zoned area, where you can make some noise at night after the other stores have closed shop.
AC50
Emperor

Postby 52Boomer on Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:37 pm

I need a day job, I'm sick of watching comercials on TV. Oh yeah, you can practice at my house, if you don't smoke or use the bathroom. :?
52Boomer
Prince

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:42 pm

I'll second Kev's suggestion of warehouse space. There are a lot of warehouses out there that only see partial/intermittent use... so offering the owner a few extra $'s can go over well.

Storage spaces are ok - if you like the sound in a concrete tomb!

Weather permitting, you can always play outside. Drums dont need to be miced ( :lol: ) and all you need is a generator big enuff to power a couple amps. Even if you have to shell out quite a bit to buy one, youre set. You can drive out into the middle of nowhere and clear some land :wink:
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Postby Mike B. on Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:30 pm

I'm lucky as there is plenty of space between houses where I now live.

When I was looking for a house a few years back, I made sure I found one that would allow plenty of good inside space for rehearsal. I'm set up pretty well as we don't have to use any rehearsal studios at all.

But I recall many years ago when space was always at a premium!

Mike
Mike B.
Knight

Postby AC50 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:00 pm

1963strat wrote:i dont understand you people...........i take the time to give you a good idea........and you cant even be bothered to reply

How exceedingly rude.
AC50
Emperor

Postby ®ëv. ßïll¥ © on Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:04 pm

?klÿn¡§§? wrote:...you can always play outside. Drums dont need to be miced ( :lol: ) and all you need is a generator big enuff to power a couple amps. Even if you have to shell out quite a bit to buy one, youre set. You can drive out into the middle of nowhere and clear some land :wink:

Merle tried that in the woods near his house...
ImageImageImage

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." --- Thomas Jefferson
®ëv. ßïll¥ ©
The Central Scrutinizer

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Lounge