Julian's statement in Lennons 25th death anniv

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Postby Elliot Meldoy on Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:39 am

AC50 wrote:
Elliot Meldoy wrote:Yo AC, ya know I gotz luv for ya brutha.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
And yes I would love MP3's of any Beatles ya got in German....got any Hungarian too? :lol:

You cad! How can you speak to me after we've had a dissagreement?!?? :shock:

LOL!! :lol: :P No problem, brother Elliot. And just to show that there are no hard feelings, here are the two Beatles' songs sung in German, Komm, gib mir Deine Hand and Sie liebt Dich. But WAIT! That's not all!

Because you're Elliot Meldoy, you'll also get this bonus track, absolutely FREE of charge! That's right! When you order right now, you'll also get The Honeycombs singing Hab ich Das Recht !

This offer is void where prohibited.

I tried to locate a cool Hollies hit or two, also in German. They must be buried on some disk somewhere, where I have literally thousands of MP3s. Ah well, here's these.

Thanks,
I had that album years ago.
my sister hated when I played it, and she hated my Buddy Holly tapes even more. now that I think of it she wasn't very fond of Roy Orbison either......oh well.....she is a airhead blond dingbat anyway :twisted:
Cpl/USMC
1984-1988

ImageImage
Elliot Meldoy
Baron

Postby VikingOne on Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:28 am

TubeGetter wrote:
VikingOne wrote:
TubeGetter wrote:
VikingOne wrote: Then again maybe he really was an ahole in his personal life. I've never heard him say in an interview that he was tho. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and enjoying his music.

If you listen to someone speak out with a certain attitude and/or message.......in their own words, you don't need them to tell you they're an ahole to know they're an ahole. LOL. That's just common sense.

Regarding the Palace rules, it pretty obvious why the rule was included and certainly didn't intend to include major public figures that have passed on. Public figures can't cry libel or slander on the level that ordinary folks and businesses can.

Youre right, you don't have to tell me. LOL

Glad to clear up your obvious confusion. :lol:

You have removed all shadow of a doubt. But now getting back to John, what would make you think that about HIM from what HE said? :lol:
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid"
VikingOne
Baron

Postby TubeGetter on Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:41 am

VikingOne wrote:
TubeGetter wrote:
VikingOne wrote:
TubeGetter wrote:
VikingOne wrote: Then again maybe he really was an ahole in his personal life. I've never heard him say in an interview that he was tho. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and enjoying his music.

If you listen to someone speak out with a certain attitude and/or message.......in their own words, you don't need them to tell you they're an ahole to know they're an ahole. LOL. That's just common sense.

Regarding the Palace rules, it pretty obvious why the rule was included and certainly didn't intend to include major public figures that have passed on. Public figures can't cry libel or slander on the level that ordinary folks and businesses can.

Youre right, you don't have to tell me. LOL

Glad to clear up your obvious confusion. :lol:

You have removed all shadow of a doubt. But now getting back to John, what would make you think that about HIM from what HE said? :lol:

Well, you were already really confused about the simple concept of getting insight about a person from an interview, so I can't imagine what would happen in your head if I carried the simple concept any further. LOL. :lol:

It's funny how hero worship draws people to become so obsessively protective of their hero and he11 bent on covering up their obvious flaws. I think that sums it up for me on this thread. I'll give you the last word because you so desperately need it. :lol:
TubeGetter
Emperor

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 am

Don't know too many Ward Cleavers or Mr Bradys relative to being the perfect Dad. John's father in his own words was a "bowery bum". Probably hard to be a good father with no role model but at any rate he was just a human, no different from the rest of us with whatever baggage/flaws. If you've ever read the last interview he did in playboy, it is pretty clear he regretted a lot of the past. At any rate it really isn't up to any of us to judge him as a person, and I'll stop here just short of rule "H".
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby AC50 on Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:46 pm

AC50
Emperor

Postby ezekial on Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:47 pm

1963strat wrote:who are these people from the good "parent guide"............i thought we were here looking at lennon as a musician...........EVH got the same treatment over his drinking...........wow.......whats the name of this site, oh yeah i remember it's the PLEXI PARENT PALACE..........OH do us all a favour and go and look after ya kids and leave us to talk about.......sex drugs and rock n roll.........(ps) i'd love to own a les paul.......but........i heard he was'nt very nice to his wife after he'd had a few beers...........so.......i'm not having one of his guitars............i'm not even gonna listen to any of them guitars

:D :D :D
ezekial
Squire

Postby AC50 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:19 am

ezekial wrote:
1963strat wrote:who are these people from the good "parent guide"............i thought we were here looking at lennon as a musician...........EVH got the same treatment over his drinking...........wow.......whats the name of this site, oh yeah i remember it's the PLEXI PARENT PALACE..........OH do us all a favour and go and look after ya kids and leave us to talk about.......sex drugs and rock n roll.........(ps) i'd love to own a les paul.......but........i heard he was'nt very nice to his wife after he'd had a few beers...........so.......i'm not having one of his guitars............i'm not even gonna listen to any of them guitars

:D :D :D

Ezekial, is that avatar Geronimo, or Sitting Bull?
AC50
Emperor

Postby ayh on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:17 am

It's Sitting Bull from his greatest hits package,My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys

Lemmy Krabitz or Lemme Kibitz
ayh
Motivational Speaker

Lennon's abnormally small hands and other tidbits

Postby phlizmo on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:49 am

Just to add, I heard from Jack Douglas that Lennon had "abnormally small hands" and thats why he played those tiny Ric's. Makes sense I guess cuz I cant even begin to play one of those.. and I am not nearly as tall as lennon was.. I am more of a Ringo height.

I must also say that a guy I know has interviewed EMI staff for a new Beatle book and they have gone on record saying that Lennon was a real meanie in the studio and not the blue sort. That he was acomplished at making a "grown man cry daily". Give peace a chance huh?

Now, having said all of that, I am into the beatles as much as anyone and WAY more than most Beatle fans I know. I'ts difficult to look at the personal life of any celebrity. We hear the records and we think we know them. We believe they somehow know us because they are speaking to us with their music. Remember the homeless hippie that showed up on John's doorstep in the "Imagine" movie?? But, we shouldn't high five anyone who is horrible to other people because they write great music. The music is great but the people sometimes arent. Think Soup Nazi:great product, horrible human being. Lets be fair, if some no name shmuck came up in conversation having done all of the things attributed to Lennon in these posts most of us would think that that person is a horrible human being and would make no room for forgiveness. Then in the next breath tell us that it was Lennon we were told about and the song would change, "Oh, well but he was such a great song writer! Oh I'm sure it was all the pressue to blame for being a beatle!" Not to get political but its funny how more and more everyday we hear of people blaming societiy, parents, or the everyday pressue of life for our horrible behaviour and not the fact that we as people can be horrible. Be glad Lennon wrote some memorable songs and launched a thousand bands with the Beatles. But dont excuse his bad behaviour or any other celebrities of your liking for that matter please.

d
phlizmo
Baron

Postby AC50 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:54 pm

1963strat wrote:Mr AC 50.............is your avatar don king or lenny crevice

I'll give you a hint. It's not Elton John! :wink:
AC50
Emperor

Re: Lennon's abnormally small hands and other tidbits

Postby AC50 on Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:22 pm

phlizmo wrote:Think Soup Nazi:great product, horrible human being.

Ah, there it is the, the old "N" word. Sooner or later, it's always just a matter of time before someone reaches for it. Next thing you know, we'll have poor John goose stepping. :roll:
AC50
Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge