Elvin Bishop

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Elvin Bishop

Postby OaklandDanny on Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:14 pm

I've been a bit blue the past few days. Something told me to pull out my old "Let It Flow" album(1974). This stuff will bring anybody out of a funk. VERY non-PC but WOW!!!!
"Travelin' Shoes"... "Stealin' Watermelons"... "Juke-Joint Jump". Got a few guest artists on these tunes as well. Richard Betts, Steve Miller, Sly Stone, Charlie Daniels... not to mention his looooong time regulars, Fly Brooks on bass, Don Baldwin on drums, Phil Aaberg on keys... and that Mickey Thomas fellow.
I'm happy again!!!
There are other artists that do this for me, but Elvin is my main man right now. I'm listening to "Sure Feels good" as I'm writing this.
Ooooh... Here comes "goin' Fishin'"
"Move Over Little Dog..."
OaklandDanny
Prince

Re: Elvin Bishop

Postby fallcreek on Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:24 pm

Danny,
I saw Elvin B. at the San Fransisco Blues Festival back in September, and he and his band were in terrific form, both outdoors at the Fort Mason festival site and at an afterparty later that night. El's attack, phrasing and souful band impressed everyone present. His old red 345 looked battered in a beautiful way, and his Pigboy Crabshaw bluejean painter outfit took us right back to Better Days. Elvin's blues can bring anyone out of the blues...
fallcreek
Peasant

Re: Elvin Bishop

Postby 1959burst on Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:46 pm

elvin is too cool, i love his music!
Musican/Luthier/Stringed Instrument Repairman/Resident Instigator http://www.myspace.com/greg1959burstwilson http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604305709
1959burst
King

Return to Off-Topic Lounge