Now Let's Hear Your Idea

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Now Let's Hear Your Idea

Postby 1959burst on Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:49 pm

[quote]Originally posted by Mrhiwatt:
[b]When I said "your dream amp" I was referring to Klyniss wanting a DR400.

You already have your dream amp Greg. even if it is a ss peeeeevy!!!!!! ;) :p :p
Musican/Luthier/Stringed Instrument Repairman/Resident Instigator http://www.myspace.com/greg1959burstwilson http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604305709
1959burst
King

Postby 52Boomer on Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:31 pm

Sound like alot of good Ideas out There. I wish I could see My Dream Amp a Reality. Maybe there is a Hi Fi Home Stereo Power Amp close to what I have in mind. An Amp Head for two 4X12 Cabs. Maybe It could be called the BODA V12 or else I'd be glad if Somebody else would build one. I hope It doesn't hit the market as a cheap compromise of the Original Idea. :)
" Are you sure that you're not just imagining that ? "
52Boomer
Prince

Postby 52Boomer on Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:48 pm

Hey, I got an Idea for the Script Logo:

Part Bogner + Part Marshall

...and like the Peacemaker, two EL84s in a 'V' on the Front Panel.

...the Knobs could be like Plexi Marshall Knobs, except that they would be concentric so You could turn each stereo Channel differently, or at once, and there would only be about 6 or 8 Knobs!
52Boomer
Prince

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:34 pm

Originally posted by Mrhiwatt:
Originally posted by klyniss:

The original post wasn't about your most 'feature oriented' dream amp - just your ideal amp [/QB]
So sorry 'ol chum, I get confused easily at my ripe old age and my reading aint what it used to be.

However, I re-read the original guestion and it does give a $2500 paramater. My question to you is: Are you willing to pay that amount for your 'dream amp'?[/QB][/QUOTE]

For a great condition DR405? Sure i'd pay $2500 CANADIAN for it! ... i've been doing a lot of net-hunting the last few days and it sure gets discouraging when you see most everything you find, is listed in US$... which means i have to tack on 60% to the price automatically :D
nothing says *vintage* like a stripped pan-head
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Postby 1959burst on Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:26 pm

i live in canada and am so used to dealing with usd,that i forget how to add canadian money lol! get used to it buddy it'll never go back to the good old days with our retarded government, i keep waiting for canada to become part of the us!
Musican/Luthier/Stringed Instrument Repairman/Resident Instigator http://www.myspace.com/greg1959burstwilson http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604305709
1959burst
King

Postby 52Boomer on Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:37 pm

To klyniss: I found out from the Tube / Amp Reference Guide by R. Aspen Pittman, that the HIWATT 400 has a sextet of KT88 Power Tubes and I bet the Transformers are absolutley enormous.

Maybe a scaled-down version with apair of KT88s per channel would be another as yet untried Idea.

I still like My Idea of not having to bias the Amp, and I would guess the Transformers would be of reasonable size to make the Amp practical. There just aren't Stereo Tube Amp Heads out there, even though It is certainly possible.
52Boomer
Prince

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:49 pm

Originally posted by 1959burst:
i live in canada and am so used to dealing with usd,that i forget how to add canadian money lol! get used to it buddy it'll never go back to the good old days with our retarded government, i keep waiting for canada to become part of the us!
I agree that we are 2 steps from a revolution, Lord knows its time - but don't ever say what you ended your response with anywhere near me.... cause i'll shoot you! :D
nothing says *vintage* like a stripped pan-head
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Lounge