Who the What?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Who the What?

Postby OaklandDanny on Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:46 pm

Could it be???
Strato!!! My long lost twin!!! Papa always liked you best!!
"Move Over Little Dog..."
OaklandDanny
Prince

Postby ®ëv. ßïll¥ © on Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:47 pm

You should really try a shorn scrotum, it's really quite delightful...

As are the Hot Pockets & Eggo's...
ImageImageImage

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." --- Thomas Jefferson
®ëv. ßïll¥ ©
The Central Scrutinizer

Postby StratOmatic on Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:50 pm

LOL!

Just saw 'Goldmember', so I was in a 'Dr. Evil' kinda mood...

:D
Mmm... Lizard Pie!

Who are the Forehead Police?
StratOmatic
Baron

Postby Jcar on Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:02 am

im 15, i go to school, and go to school, and go to school. when im not at it, i like to play crappy nirvana songs on my cheap crappy rig cause i cant afford anything better, idle like a potato in front of my computer, and be "out and about" with my pals. please donate to the "buy carlos a stratocaster" fund.
Jcar
Certified

Postby Capt.Strat on Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:09 am

Lessee. I'm 38, not married, have a degree in Electronics Technology but work in the parts dept. of a Dodge dealer. Started playing at around 13, and played mostly in hardcode punk bands, but I haven't been in a band in some years. I have a great love of tube amps, especially Marshalls and old Fenders. Even though my screen name is Capt. Strat, I've never been in the military but I have great respect for those who have. Capt. Strat just seemed kinda cool in a super hero sort of way. :p
Capt.Strat
Knight

Postby Stu K on Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:02 am

The abbreviated version:

'66 vintage Scottish-born-of-English-parents, now resident Down Under.

one wife, one 2y.o. son, one cat, nine guitars, eight (functional) amps and several more 'projects' awaiting restoration. Played music since age 7 (piano, recorder, flute in orchestra) before rebelling in teens on a diet of Floyd, Hendrix and Zeppelin. Been pro musician doing gigs and sessions for money since 1986. Worked also in live sound production, studio teching, venue installation and as an amp repair tech. Qualified electronics technician, currently working days as a technical support officer for local university, gigs every weekend with cover band, original music when I get the time or a session pops up. When I grow up I want to be a man of leisure.
"...life's been good to me so far, yeah yeah yeah..."
Stu K
Moderator Down Under

Postby Marshall Maniac on Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:51 pm

I'm 37, married, no kids.

First instrument was violin. I was inspired by my grandfather, violinist and composer Samuel Gardner (1891-1984) who's big hit was a bluesy number called "From the Canebrake" (1918).

My father is a retired USAF bomber pilot who served in WWII, stationed in Europe.

I'm an architect, but I don't design buildings anymore. I work as a conslutant to other architects, in the areas of CAD Management and 3D computer visualization.

Also important, I'm a "man of God" as they say. I've played guitar in church on and off since 1980 when I began following - or stumbling along after - the Lord.
Marshall Maniac
Baron

Postby PRSMAN on Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:05 pm

I married. I hve a wife who not only supports me as a musician, but feels I should have all the gear I need. She really is good to me. (LOVE YOU HOLLY)!

I have two kids 9 and 10 years old. A girl and boy! They make me laugh everyday. They are amazing.

I play guitar and am very addicted to it! I love all gear...amps,guitrs,pedals,ETC... I have been playing guitar for 7 or 8 years now and am currently in a band that is really beginning to pick up momentum.

I used to be a graphic artist. But now I write and illustrate childrns books. I also am a fulltime musician.

I had two open heart surgeries when I was 12 yrs and 17 yrs old.

I have had two open bck surgeries too. I am doin well now. But for awhile there I was pretty screwed.

I like beer and all kinds of classic rock and blues stuff! I also love to write songs.

I ama Capricorn. I also am into martial arts. Not as heavily into it as I use to be. Now I basicaly watch martial arts movies. LOL!

I focus on tone, themusic and my children. Thats it!

Thats my story!
" Nothing could be finer, than a crisis that is minor in the morning"
PRSMAN
Certified

Postby 1965Strat on Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:15 pm

Here's the short list.

I'm 23
Very much in love with Brittany
A Pilot (I need a job!!!!)
A guitarist (11 years)
Gear Head
Customer Support Manager for American Systems

I became a Christian when I was 9 years old and I've tried to act like it ever since.
Interviewer: So Jimi, what's it like being the greatest guitarist in the world?

Jimi: I don't know, ask 1965Strat.

I couldn't believe it either!

Gear Pics
http://www.bradjackson.net
1965Strat
Squire

Postby drewl on Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:21 pm

They tell me I'm 38, but mentally i'm still 22, though my body sometimes tells me otherwise.
started partying at 13 and picked up the guitar shortly after.
I have one of them pieces of paper that says i'm an engineer, and a tech, but i play with wireless communications equipment, and develop new technology for the next generation of wireless crap.
got about a dozen guitars, a dozen amps, one wife, who nags like a dozen, one dog (i think) we saved from the gas chamber 9 years ago who really owns my house and makes me walk in this frickin' freezin' weather,.
i've played here and there, and still do, but my bandmates are equipmentally challanged which is extremely frustrating.
my parents were awesome and always inspired me....only problem is i had to bury them both this year......you can sometimes still hear the banging from the inside of the coffins.
never learned as much about electronics as i have from forums like these.
drewl
Prince

Postby BloodHound on Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:32 pm

What am I…by day and IT guy, at night a floundering guitar/amp/band junky..how’d I get here…well, in brief, gradutated HS in 84’, went off to Hollywood for the big time (actually went to GIT), had to endure sitting in class with the likes of Paul Gilbert and Jimmy Herring (no they weren’t teachers they were fellow students what an ass kicker)..moved back home (AZ) with my tail between my legs..tried to join a few bands and was getting laughed at (ya know, slow bluesy rock style was NOT in) even had a drummer tell me I needed a Floyd if I was ever gonna get anywhere (I was still playing my LP)..gave up the guitar..and the ol’ man (a EE) threw me an IBM Basic programming book to plough through on my loney nights. Must be my natural calling, cause withing six months I was into 8086 Assembly language full tilt (self taught) programming my petukas off..amassed a small fortune as I had NO life..met a girl..spent the money..she dumped me..I sulked..
The sis intervened with paper work to enroll at Berklee College of Music..and I said’ “ I don’t want noone teaching me how to play guitar” and she said “No, you should enroll into their Music Prod. & Engineering program”. Okay fine..did that, met my future wife.....
got a job in NY working as an Assistant/Tech/Engineer..working with all sorts of hip-hop yim yams..had guns pulled on me..had to mic grinding groins, had to endure the unbelievable malice of Bill Cosby…but, I did work with at least a few talented people so it wasn’t a total loss…the wife and fact that I decided I want to be on the other side of the glass called me back to Boston, got a job as a Studio Tech with my alma matter.....
spent a small fortune recording my bands CD, buying amps, guitars & associated jape…got tired of the low pay know it all students...took a big swing in life and ended up working for a banking type place (I didn’t even have a tie) that let’s me keep my own hours, long hair, has parties almost every friday & pays me real well (they even come to the gigs).

Still have my LP (without a Floyd mind you)… and now my new trusty Afri-can Oil can guitar.
Bryant W. Jackson
Nag Champa
BloodHound
Certified

Postby Marshall Maniac on Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:20 pm

Originally posted by Leftee:
Originally posted by Marshall Maniac:
[b]... My father is a retired USAF bomber pilot who served in WWII, stationed in Europe...
I am in awe of folks like your father. I am an aviation buff, especially WWII era. For your father to be a retired WWII bomber pilot says a lot. Far too many never made it to the end of the war.[/b]
Thanks, Leftee. I am in awe of him, too. These days it seems people don't understand what so many young men went through to protect the freedoms we enjoy every day.
Marshall Maniac
Baron

Postby Marshall Maniac on Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:42 pm

B-17 Flying Fortress and possibly B-29 (I can't remember - and he desn't talk it much).
Marshall Maniac
Baron

Postby 1959burst on Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:49 am

my late father flew hurricanes and spitfires in the battle of britain.............i still remember the stories he told of the war. ;)
Musican/Luthier/Stringed Instrument Repairman/Resident Instigator http://www.myspace.com/greg1959burstwilson http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604305709
1959burst
King

Postby mike1 on Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:05 am

Well well, don't read this unless your ready for a nap!

I'm 44, married 23 years, have two daughters (22 & 17), never been in the service. I haven't been playing guitar seriously for very long, maybe 5 years, but I always had a guitar around to pluck on, I tried to be a sax player in my youth but pretty much gave that up a decade or so ago (gave me constant cancher sores). I've lived in southern california all my life, do the normal california things (I'll let you figure that one out). I work for Alcon Labs as a purchasing manager, hoping my bonus this year is a good one so I can get an historic goldtop! Other than that it's enjoying my daughters, both are very talented - something they didn't get from my gene pool - and getting together with my good friends (and brother in law) and jamming.
mike1
Page

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge