Cristal Champagne

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Cristal Champagne

Postby Joeboy on Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:02 am

What's everyone's favorite champagne? Ever had that expensive stuff like don perione or cristal? I guess if I can't spell it, I probably will never get to drink it.......My fav is that ballatore cheap stuff, like $5 bottle.
Heat your home this winter with a MARSHALL!!
Joeboy
Court Jester

Re: Cristal Champagne

Postby sah5150 on Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:04 am

Originally posted by Joeboy:
What's everyone's favorite champagne? Ever had that expensive stuff like don perione or cristal? I guess if I can't spell it, I probably will never get to drink it.......My fav is that ballatore cheap stuff, like $5 bottle.
I enjoy Cristal and Dom Perignon, but I also like Laurent Perrier Brut Rose. It is as good as the other two at a (relative) bargain price of $39.

Steve
sah5150
Squire

Postby DanTheBluesMan on Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:26 pm

Moet & Chandon White Star, usually around 26-28 dollars a bottle. Very nice. Mmm, champagne, haven't had any in a while. For some reason, I drink more champagne in winter than summer/fall. Not just for New Year's either. Mmm, got a bottle in the cellar, gonna chill it tonight, get some chocolate, play some guitar, break out some mics, do a little recording. Hey, thanks for the great idea.
Dan :D
DanTheBluesMan
Knight

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:10 pm

Back in '89 i had a chance to see TestamenT at a nearby club. That was the WILDEST show i've ever been too! The place only held about 500 people and they must have squeezed in an extra 2 because it was sardine city - the floor is actually about 2 feet higher than the stage in that place, with a huge 8' drop 'the Moat' between the stage and floor ... they had put up steel gating supported by 2x4's leaned diagonally to hold the gate up under the massive crowd pressure ... worth noting was the PA system they brought with them - i kid you not, this thing was MASSIVE, loudest show i've been to period * Anyway, it took about 30 minutes for that barricade to fail.. people were falling into the moat and freaking out while the bruisers frantically tried to restore the gating .. it was utter madness, and so much fun!

A week later, we read in a local metal 'zine that the band had spent $3,000 for Champagne on themselves that night because they said it was the craziest show they had ever done - yeah - tell me about it! ... so thats my only experience with Champagne, albeit somewhat vicarious :D
nothing says *vintage* like a stripped pan-head
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Postby Captain Crunch on Sat Dec 07, 2002 7:48 pm

Someone bought Mrs. Crunch and me a bottle of Dom once while in the Bahamas. I hate to admit it, but it went to waste. Neither of us possessed the acquired taste necessitated for finer champagne.

Oh well! I guess I would have preferred 151 and Bailey's on the rocks (give that a try sometime!). So much for taste, huh? :D
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom - Thomas Jefferson
Captain Crunch
Knight

Postby Joeboy on Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:30 am

Thanks for the posts! :D
Heat your home this winter with a MARSHALL!!
Joeboy
Court Jester

Return to Off-Topic Lounge