Peter Gabriel

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Peter Gabriel

Postby mrbeasty on Wed Nov 13, 2002 10:16 pm

I went to see Peter Gabriel last night ... got my mind blown away even more than expected ... the live show is phenomenal ... Peter is using props again: highly effective!

It is probably the best live show I have seen next to Pink Floyd's Division Bell Tour ... a must see !!!
"People need to know that this zombie menace, left unchecked, will be the death of us all!"
mrbeasty
Prince

Re: Peter Gabriel

Postby Abílio on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:40 am

Who's on geetar? and what gear were they using?
Abílio

Image "For those about to rock, I salute you." Image
Abílio
Knight

Postby godotzilla on Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:39 pm

I am so stoked for the Gabriel show! He's coming here in early Dec. I saw him three times on the "So" tour, and I was blown away more each time. He is truly a theatrical performer whose use of props is stunning. He also has an amazing band.

Abilio, David Rhodes, Gabriel's longtime axeslinger is handing the guitar chores. Also, Tony Levin on bass and Manu Katche on drums. Should be absolutely awesome.
Give me tone or give me deaf.
ImageImage
godotzilla
Baron

Postby rlivesey on Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:22 pm

A friend of mine, Ged Lynch, has been playing drums and percussion for a number of years with Peter Gabriel. He appeared last week on a show we have here called "Late Night with Jules Holland". Ged is an fantastic drummer and percussionist. Was there a shortish guy with a shaved head playing percussion on this gig you saw?
Ged actually played with my band a couple of times in the 90's, he's from our town and always keeps in with the local musicians when he's around. I can honestly say that he's the best drummer I ever played with, totally drove the band.
Rob.
rlivesey
Page

Postby mrbeasty on Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:50 pm

Originally posted by godotzilla:
Abilio, David Rhodes, Gabriel's longtime axeslinger is handing the guitar chores. Also, Tony Levin on bass and Manu Katche on drums. Should be absolutely awesome.
Ged Lynch is the drummer. There is a second guitar player (who's name I cannot remember) and Rachel Z. on Keyboards as well as Peter. A back-up singer, Melanie, supposedly Peter's daughter. The Blind Boys of Alabama were the opening act and guests on a couple of songs during Peter's set.
"People need to know that this zombie menace, left unchecked, will be the death of us all!"
mrbeasty
Prince

Postby Crunchyriff on Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:11 pm

The guy has a fabulous voice.
When the Trumpet sounds, I'm outta this dump...
Crunchyriff
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge