Greg Martin & the Kentucky Headhunters

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Greg Martin & the Kentucky Headhunters

Postby jcs on Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:04 am

i wish the headhunters would top the charts again!.......somehow greg martin and i have the same amp set up,a 71 marshall 50 thru an eminence gb loaded 4x12 for a live rig(hes an eminence endorser,greg was kind enough to talk amps with me and others on another forum recently)....anyhow,this is a band that has the right influences plus they defy categories imo......... greg sure knows a thing or two about tone, thats for damn sure ......
jcs
King

Postby outlier on Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:59 pm

I'd love to see them topping the charts too, but too rough for New Country.
outlier
Baron

Postby piperbob on Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:44 pm

I've got all their CD's and like em a lot for a recent era band. This leads me to wonder why the Skynerd crowd hasn't embraced these guys. I got sick of Lynerd Skynerd a looooong time ago not because of their music, I just outgrew them and can't listen to the same stuff for 25 years. The Headhunters seem to be the next extention of Southern/Redneck/Goodtime rock and it puzzles me why they don't have more success. I agree this band allways has great guitar tones on its albums.
piperbob
Squire

Postby Overeating on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:33 pm

somehow greg martin and i have the same amp set up,a 71 marshall 50 thru an eminence gb loaded 4x12 for a live rig(hes an eminence endorser,greg was kind enough to talk amps with me and others on another forum recently)....anyhow,this is a band that has the right influences plus they defy categories imo.
watson
Overeating
Peasant

Postby madstrat on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:32 am

weird necro-bump first post
madstrat
Knight

Return to Off-Topic Lounge