Ebay BIN's....scam?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Ebay BIN's....scam?

Postby Mayhawk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello, people, I have been away for some time, nice to check back in. Hope all of you are well!

In my near daily Ebay trolling, I often come upon big sellers that appear to have very good items, instruments and other things, but have very short (one day) auctions. And have a blurb that is the same from seller to seller asking you to PM them first or 'your bid will be cancelled.' And always the same BIN price..... $1000.

Eg: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Johnny-A ... Ciid%253A1

A mint Johnny A for a grand? BTW, there is a '56 Jr that is already over a grand as I type this. Bids are still there....suppose no one bit on the BIN. :?
Lots more guitars as well....Super 400, etc. And Cannondale bikes, same deal.

This seller is certainly not the first I have seen with this "BIN, PM me first" blurb. FWIW, I have followed some of these items to the end and the items never show up as sold when the time is up.

Given the short duration of the 'sale', the link above won't be here for long.

Any ideas, people?
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Re: Ebay BIN's....scam?

Postby Mayhawk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Another one, as if they will sell this collector bait for a grand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Gibson-His ... Sw791ZrGJK
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Mayhawk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:13 pm

P.S. to Baron, monitors: I am posting this here on 'off topics' because these posts are not in reference to certain items of interest on Ebay, but on sellers' practices in general. And Off Topics gets more traffic. :wink:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm

How very odd. Says only BIN, and sets it up as an auction. :nutjob:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Mayhawk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Ok, show's over. All the auctions, all 1300+ are now gone, or the auction item is 'no longer available.'

I suppose many of the auctions were either faked or copied from older completed auctions.

.......hoping they could catch someone napping and steal a few thousand here and there.

If it looks too good to be true, it is.
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Return to Off-Topic Lounge