popular metal band names

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

popular metal band names

Postby Papa Dog on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 am

never used any of these...but it's an interesting list
top 50
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Re: popular metal band names

Postby housekustoms on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:39 am

It's approaching 0 degrees F here again so in the spirit of this post, here is a like for grins...a metal band name generator.

http://b10m.swal.org/cgi-bin/bandname.cgi

:say_what:
I'm a little bit :old: now, but I still like to :jam:

housekustoms
Page

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:41 am

housekustoms wrote:It's approaching 0 degrees F here again so in the spirit of this post, here is a like for grins...a metal band name generator.

http://b10m.swal.org/cgi-bin/bandname.cgi

:say_what:

Bestial Assault
Decapitated Surface
Opened Titan
Obscure Age
Pestilential Death
Sweet Flames
Eminent Blood
Desolate Battle
Feast of God
Acid Hound

:laff:

weather here is nice, gentle rain, not too cold

so WHY did I get this miserable nose/throat/chest cold

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just got over a six week flubola.... :say_what:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Papa Dog on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:44 am

all the band names on the list I posted were single words.
Izzit just me, or do metal bands tend to gravitate to one word names?
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"
Papa Dog
Knight

Postby PeterS on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Maybe those are the most popular words in metal band names, as opposed to being the actual band names.

As a physicist I'm interested to see entropy in the list. What about enthalpy? What about Gibb's Free Energy? Other thermodynamic variables demand equal time.

It's a shame you have to have a metal band to use these names, I'd love to call my band Bloodshed Requiem :twisted: but it wouldn't fit our style of lightweight pop/disco/funk.
PeterS
King

Postby pckpat on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:08 pm

I have always been partial to DECAPITATOR...yes, all caps, I mean CAPS. :P
In the spirit of Peter's suggestion, (although I certainly never did that well in Physics, I think the teacher passed me because he felt sorry for me-me and my lab-mate spent every class discussing the relative merits of Hendrix, Clapton and Peter Green)-but perhaps a simpler construct for me- Faraday Cage-(which is something I keep telling the Chihuahua in my avatar I'm going to put him in) :shock: Has anyone used SuperCollider yet? Sounds slightly British...NWBHM ?
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby PeterS on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:31 pm

That's a chihuahua? I thought it was a cat!
PeterS
King

Postby pckpat on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Nope-he is actually a real dog-although smaller than many cats at seven and a half lbs. :lol: He and I put up with a lot of ribbing, people calling him a rat, etc. but that's ok.
I was a hobbyist dog breeder and raised many Labs in my younger days, but the ex brought that little guy home one day about 3-1/2 years ago as a rescue...and he and I bonded right away. I never,ever thought I'd like, let alone have a wee yapper dog, but he is actually a pretty cool little guy. (And considerably easier to clean up after).
He really had a wicked temper as a result of the former abuse, but has made great strides in the last two years. Quite a brave little fellow, actually, and he is always ready to protect me and my house from any perceived danger. Although fortunately he hasn't had cause to use those death beam optics yet. :P
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby PeterS on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 am

as a result of the former abuse

I wonder who these people are that abuse dogs... we had a rescue dog, she was very nervous at first. If I picked up an umbrella, broom, hockey stick, whatever, she'd run and hide.
One of my acquaintances adopted a dog that somebody dropped off in the park -- he saw a car pull up in the parking lot, hoof the dog out and drive away - in January... :x
PeterS
King

Postby pckpat on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:16 am

That's for sure Peter-there's not much lower than that. Really gets me angry, and sad. I can't watch those TV ads. I guess bullies just always like to pick on the helpless and innocent-(animals and humans). :evil:
pckpat
Emperor

Postby jaywalker on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 am

Unit_1 wrote:
weather here is nice, gentle rain, not too cold

so WHY did I get this miserable nose/throat/chest cold

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just got over a six week flubola.... :say_what:

Me too. Was laid up in bed the Saturday after Christmas for four days. Had a NAD and haven't run it more than 10 min. I was fine for a week and it came back with a vengeance along with an infected broken tooth. Came down suddenly during a Thursday afternoon gig and was in bed until today. I started a Z-pack last evening...I really waited too long. Dangerous stuff. Don't screw with this one.
Hope you get well soon mr unit 1

Here's something to make you forget all about that pain;
(enough of that)
jaywalker
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge