Aren't we special!!!

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Aren't we special!!!

Postby jaywalker on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:44 am

or how playing an instrument helps the brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0JKCYZ8hng

ratz. can't get you tube to preview
jaywalker
Baron

Re: Aren't we special!!!

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:53 am

adobe flash is coming up as "warning this plugin is vulnerable" in firefox and I just updated both of them in the last few days, so it looks like flash has been hacked - that might be the problem

btw, you should disable flash *now* and not use it till we find out if this is a false warning or flash gets updated

:dumass: :POd:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby jaywalker on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:05 am

There have been fake Adobe and Java update notices that exploit if installed. I'm now ignoring the update notices and going direct to respective sites for updates.
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:34 am

holy sheets!

i'm running a malwarebytes scan *now*
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Dai on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:32 am

that seems to be a legit update (from the past couple of days) :

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/produc ... 14-27.html

also try googling "APSB14-27, CVE-2014-9163 vulnerabilities" if you want to see more

re: the fake notices, I think those are from *other* (that is, getting "security notice" or whatever "update" when you are somewhere else or via an advertisement). Watch out for the "pre-checked" check boxes when installing things also (you could be installing something you don't want).
Dai
Baron

Postby Jamie on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Just set to http, not https. Thanks for the heads up on the exploits.

Jamie
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:00 pm

Well now this is odd....

As I said a few days ago on startup I was prompted to install the latest update, only it was a downgrade to 15.0.0.239

Snafu - I saw another site where something had happened to another person, same 15.0.0.239 version - They had to go to the adobe site and download the current 16.0.0.235 version. So I did the same thing and now everything is happy.

So *now* I will watch the video!

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 pm

WELL!

that splain's a lot....

I sent that out to everyone I know, especially the ones with kid's that SHOULD be playing and aren't

fascinating to see that a part of your brain actually gets larger, I mean, I know what I felt as it happened and I just thought aliens had abducted me and hit me with the big brain ray gun :mrgreen: (ala twilight zone)

I didn't do so hot in school until after I turned 11. Interestingly, around 14 I turned into a straight A student and they moved me up to top learning level.

I started playing guitar when I was 11!

Unit_1
Prince

Postby vez on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Unit_1 wrote:fascinating to see that a part of your brain actually gets larger, I mean, I know what I felt as it happened and I just thought aliens had abducted me and hit me with the big brain ray gun :mrgreen: (ala twilight zone)

vez
Squire

Postby Unit_1 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:55 am

vez wrote:
Unit_1 wrote:fascinating to see that a part of your brain actually gets larger, I mean, I know what I felt as it happened and I just thought aliens had abducted me and hit me with the big brain ray gun :mrgreen: (ala twilight zone)

:cheers:

Unit_1
Prince

Return to Off-Topic Lounge