Seafoal

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Seafoal

Postby Stinkfoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:44 pm

]This girl has the most amazing voice and she writes all her own stuff.I was her guitar teacher a few years ago but despite that, she has created her own style and I think this song is brilliant.
Stick with it as it is a bit ambient, but the chorus at 1.29 is transcendental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ5kbaZ3qGw
Stinkfoot
Squire

Re: Seafoal

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:41 pm

well she has done a great job of this, now if she can just write a bit more out of the box so she doesn't sound like a song produced by Disney.... great voice, well done!

of course, Disney makes $Billion$ thinking in the box....

I'd love to hear her version of No Quarter!!!!!!
:highfive:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Stinkfoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Here is a cover that she did. It appears to be very popular on t'youtube.

http://youtu.be/txbvgnDKzG0
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:51 pm

she definitely has no reason to use Antares!!!!

awesome
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Stinkfoot on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 pm

My dear Mr Unit, WTF is antares ? I thought it was the seventh brightest star in our firmament. You are in your cups again aren't you, you rascal. Half a litre of windscreen wash diluted with two parts cheap tequila and a couple of cans of Coors.
A nice night in for La famille Unit 1. :cheers:
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby Strat59 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Very promising. She is attractive with a good voice. The video was very well produced by her friend. Listened to some of her other You Tube
songs, all good but her guitar is a little bit the same in each and repetative, needs to develop it more. As Jimmy Page says - Light and Shade.

It's a very tough market the female singer / songwriter area with many many sounding similar. She definitely has talent and good personality.
Building a following on You Tube is a good start. She has great promise.....like very much.

John Butler is a perfect case from Australia of a guy building a following on YT and selling his music online. Created his own market without a record
company......... today is a multi millionaire, tours the world and does it all on his terms. It can be done without signing your soul to a record co.

12 million hits on this video alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdYJf_ybyVo

Brixton Academy 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgRdSVJfMk
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:15 am

Stinkfoot wrote:My dear Mr Unit, WTF is antares ? I thought it was the seventh brightest star in our firmament. You are in your cups again aren't you, you rascal. Half a litre of windscreen wash diluted with two parts cheap tequila and a couple of cans of Coors.
A nice night in for La famille Unit 1. :cheers:

It won't be BEER:30 here for another hour! :mrgreen: :cheers:

It's a very popular vocal pitch correction software package. When it's cranked to maximum correction and the singer is *really* bad it makes those odd twisty sounds in the words.

Mariah Carey's latest song is full of that. No wonder she got boo'ed when they had a "hardware failure" I think in Japan.... I only know about her new song from walking past the TV my wife was watching. *truly hideous*

I literally ran to get out of the room :ick:

I shared the seafoal video on facebook, btw :D

Unit_1
Prince

Postby Stinkfoot on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:13 am

Thanks strat59 and unit1 for taking the time to listen and comment.
I had Siana (for that is her real name) round at the house a while ago and I was trying to get her to structure her songs a little more. sort of verse, bridge etc but I think she has in her mind where she wants to go with her music. I saw the Kate Bush documentary recently and indeed Kate doesn't work to conventional structures and she has done quite well, so leave the artist to his/her art.

Her dad and me have worked together musically over the years and I hope that there might be some collaboration with standard tunes, just to add a bit more rhythmic elements but I think she is gifted and indeed has been picked up by a major management company in the last couple of weeks so I think she is on her way.

John Butler, I was given a CD some years ago by a pupil....I think at the time it was "the John Butler trio". A very worthy songwriter and no mistake.

Thanks again chaps.
Stinkfoot
Squire

Postby jaywalker on Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:48 am

I enjoyed it. She's got the talent. It will be fun to watch her develop. The video seemed a little "Blair Witchy" in spots. I found myself trying to read the burning book so I'd know how the wind blows these days.
Bravo! Very well done.
jaywalker
Baron

Postby Strat59 on Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:44 am

Pleasure, at this stage in her development she has a lot going for her, I'm sure you will offer wise advice and guidance. Love Kate Bush and yes a perfect example of a unique talent staying true to herself. In this era of wanna be look a like / sound a likes not helped by the Idol and Every Countries
Got Talent franchises you need to create a unique persona and sound and develop your songwriting skills. Songs that are true to you and that people can relate to.

I was amazed at the level of success of John Butler, still the John Butler Trio, was not that into him early with his hippie dreads, but he definitely found an audience / market who relate to his music in a big way. Staying true to himself, people can see that he's real.

I enjoyed all Siana's vids, thanks for posting !!! Hoping she goesa long way, she would definitely do well here in China, they appreciate the more melodic music and female singer / guitarists here. There are a number of growing music festivals in Beijing and Fuji Rocks in Japan.
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Return to Off-Topic Lounge