Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby firebirdjake on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 pm

:lol: ...think I posted on that forum once.
Sua cuique voluptas

"What's polarity mean?" Quoth the "sound man" at a gig 11-16- 2012

Don't die with the Music in You!
firebirdjake
Knight

Location: Betwixt the plank and the earschplittenloudenboomer.

Postby Cy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:11 am

jcs wrote:There seemed to be too many pissing matches in the past and many folks left the forum apparently.

Myself, i became occupied with other things but stop back in on occasion.

Now the Les Paul forum, that place has really declined in size while 'the gear page' is bigger than ever.

The problem i see with many forums is a few seem to take over the discussion and buddy up with certain other members that sort of develop into 'cliques' (for lack of a better term).

I see less of this at 'the gear page'....to me its more like a big community over there.

For me, what you just said and then social media. Plus the fact I'm very busy and do more guitar related stuff like practice/play.

Plus, spend more time with my muzzleloading stuff.....my new toy...
http://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting-Weapons/Black-Powder/Model-History-I
Certe, toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, it's the war room!

Talent borrows, genius steals
Cy
Baron

Postby Mr. Arkadin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:35 am

I'm still here. I just have a lot more irons in the fire at this point in my life.
Mr. Arkadin
He of the over-sized avatar

Postby Highwaystar on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:01 am

Yeah I gotcha on that, to many irons for the fire. Well the work season goes crazy in a couple days with Daytona speed weeks coming up. I'm just glad I had a few days to get the kid's and wife's cars fixed up before this insane stuff starts. Ha I even replace a transmission in my daughters truck in less then 8 hrs, 8 hrs I could have been doing othr things. I did get to noodle on my Tele for a few seconds christmas day.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year to all you people out there :cheers:
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Postby Kevlar3000 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Wow, it is almost like a reunion episode of the Walton's.... I dash in and out of here, but still yak with Tramp and Mr HighOrder.... Dem was the daze on here. You ever find a Hydrostream, #7?
Kevlar3000
The Vulture King

Postby StevenEsqThree on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi gang. I got super busy (distracted?) with other life stuff but do check in from time to time. Last year, I sold off a ton of my gear and thinned the herd quite a bit since I needed the cash. Gone are the 64 VV, 68 SuperTrem halfstack, 73 DR103 halfstack and Tweed Bassman, plus some guitars. I kept some pretty good stuff though and, as mentioned above, you never really loose the passion for cool old gear right?

I still play out frequently and just recently joined an Aerosmith tribute band taking the role of Brad Whitford. www.AeroRocks.net. A replica Bluesbreaker (with handwired board, Cerrem OT, old mustards, Goldlion KT66/amprex pres and a nice pair of 1971 greenbacks) really kills it. I guess I owe the insanity (and the knowldege/wisdom) to this joyous place and its inhabitants.

Cheers lads,

Steven

(Yeah, that's me wearing a wig with tons of photoshop :))
StevenEsqThree
Knight

Postby Strings on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 am

I'm from back in the day around at least 10/11 years ago. And still frequent this forum. I remember reading posts from Leftee and a few others that mentioned some older members. But most of all I remember Marshallhead the best. One great guy. He helped me immensely with info and a GREAT AMP......... Cant thank him enough to this day. :mrgreen:
This site is still great in my opinion. And is the first to come to my mind when I have a question or need knowledge.
Vintage Heads
1966 Marshall JTM45
1971 Marshall 1959 SLP
Strings
Page

Postby MajorWatt on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 pm

StevenEsqThree wrote:Hi gang. I got super busy (distracted?) with other life stuff but do check in from time to time. Last year, I sold off a ton of my gear and thinned the herd quite a bit since I needed the cash. Gone are the 64 VV, 68 SuperTrem halfstack, 73 DR103 halfstack and Tweed Bassman, plus some guitars. I kept some pretty good stuff though and, as mentioned above, you never really loose the passion for cool old gear right?

I still play out frequently and just recently joined an Aerosmith tribute band taking the role of Brad Whitford. http://www.AeroRocks.net. A replica Bluesbreaker (with handwired board, Cerrem OT, old mustards, Goldlion KT66/amprex pres and a nice pair of 1971 greenbacks) really kills it. I guess I owe the insanity (and the knowldege/wisdom) to this joyous place and its inhabitants.

Cheers lads,

Steven

(Yeah, that's me wearing a wig with tons of photoshop :))

Great to see you are still hitting the stage... :thumbsup:

Still doing the photography thing and lawyer stuff?
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby madstrat on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 am

the first couple of years was like amp university...

guys like woody, twisty, gnugear, trampy, marshallhead, rev. billy, etc, overloaded my brain with info...

very fortunate to find the forum at that time

:cheers:
madstrat
Knight

Postby MajorWatt on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:02 pm

madstrat wrote:the first couple of years was like amp university...

guys like woody, twisty, gnugear, trampy, marshallhead, rev. billy, etc, overloaded my brain with info...

very fortunate to find the forum at that time

:cheers:

Got in an argument with Trampy about Eminence speakers my first day here... :shock: We eventually kissed and made up, but I did get off on the wrong foot there for a second...

:lol:

Still have Woody's phone number... should give him a call and make sure he's still on the sunny side of the lawn... 8)

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Remember those pics he posted of six foot high wooden racks stuffed with dozens of amp heads? :drool: :drool: :drool:
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby Blues on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:52 am

Hi guys,

I still pop in from time to time, but I try to keep quiet.

Any of the old timers may remember I went thru a "I give up I ain't playin no more" then "Well I'm back and trying to buy an amp".....

The back and forth with my music demons (and financial troubles) had me frustrated.

These days...heads on straight. I bought an Agile I think I can live with and I have a few hundred buck to buy an amp.

But untill something gets goin I'm kind of a spectator.

Still glad to be here though.
Blues #2803

I ran, I hid...but the music found me again.
Blues
Squire

Postby Bleuz me on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am

Baron Von Machinenmann wrote:Remember those pics he posted of six foot high wooden racks stuffed with dozens of amp heads? :drool: :drool: :drool:

I remember the six ft Blonds in high heels he used to post. :D

And Steven... let me thank you again for taking care of Victor when I was apparently "cyber bullying" that "slip and fall" attorney in Huston.

As far as people getting pissed off and leaving... I love the ones who feel such self importance they have to ANNOUNCE the fact they are leaving.

I don't have to leave cause the Baron is always giving me vacation time. I can't believe you deleted that picture... it was from China. They were trying to capitalize on a famous face.
Bleuz me
Baron

Postby saltydog on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 am

FWIW.. I still look in once and awhile. Life seems to have a new hobby: kicking my a$$. Lost most of everything in a house fire around Thanksgiving in 2011. My dad has been very sick the last six months or so. Still, it's a break from reality (in a good way) to pop in here every now and again. Getting into some home recording and all the mystery it represents. :D
saltydog
Squire

Postby MajorWatt on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 am

saltydog wrote:FWIW.. I still look in once and awhile. Life seems to have a new hobby: kicking my a$$. Lost most of everything in a house fire around Thanksgiving in 2011. My dad has been very sick the last six months or so. Still, it's a break from reality (in a good way) to pop in here every now and again. Getting into some home recording and all the mystery it represents. :D

Wow....bummer all that crap hitting you at the same time... try to remember that it happens to everyone at some point and it's all a part of life...

MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge