Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby christco on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm

I just poked my head in today for the first time in a looooooong time. Doesn't look like too much has changed...hi everyone!
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!
christco
Baron

Location: Allen Park, MI, home of the Detroit Lions, where the NFL draft is our Super Bowl!

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

christco wrote:I just poked my head in today for the first time in a looooooong time. Doesn't look like too much has changed...hi everyone!

I must be spending too much time on facebook, I tried to click on LIKE

:lol:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby J.FILAMENTHEAD on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:52 pm

:say_what: :ick: :dumass: :POd: :laff: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :POd: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :laff: :laff: :nutjob: :excited: :excited: :Doh: :laff: :dumass: :POd: :lol: :POd: :laff: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :laff:

:mrgreen: J. :jam:
IF IT DOESN'T GLOW IT DOESN'T GO. KEEP THE PEACE. J.
1975 V-9 = MOUNTAIN LEVELING TONE Image
J.FILAMENTHEAD
Certified

Postby pckpat on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Leftee wrote:For those of you who remember me...

Still work for Volvo/Mack. Still in NC although I'm in VA every weekend. Divorced almost 4 years. Engaged and getting married soon (11/22). One of my cars is a 2014 Mustang GT - Deep Impact Blue. I play finger-picked acoustic guitar almost exclusively these days. For those of you I've met in person, I'm about 80 lbs. lighter than when you last saw me.

Serious walk with the Lord. But I want to respect the rules here and not crack open religious debate. Just stating who I am today. :)

The last amp I worked on was @ three years ago. I bought a Peavey Windsor head from MF from a SDotD. I turned it into a 2204-ish beast - while retaining some of the cool features Peavey designed into the amp. It turned out way cool.

Hey-good to see you back Leftee. It sounds good brother, all of it :thumbsup: Btw-"SDotD" ? I'm thinking' "Single Dad on the Dole"? (Maybe it's just the part of town I live in makes me think that...)
And christco-your posts have been missed too.
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Postby Leftee on Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey there!

Musician's Friend "Stupid Deal of the Day"

I never could pass up a good deal - even if involved some mods. Especially if it involved some mods. ;)
Leftee
Boggy Meister

Postby Highwaystar on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:37 pm

LEFTEEEEEEEE!
First, Congratulations on the 11/22 affair and 50lbs less of you.

Speaking of first meeting a Leftee, We first met at his hotel room in Ontario, Calif. during a NASCAR week end. his hotel was filled with teams.
The best part is he doesn't care about it, so I couldn't get him to a race.

SO! know that I finished with my work season, give me a shout, everything is the same.
Also give Hammy a call, I bet he would talk your ears off.
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Postby Leftee on Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:38 am

Hey Nate! :)
Leftee
Boggy Meister

Postby J.FILAMENTHEAD on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:38 pm

YO LEFTEE, :not_worthy:

GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU AND THINGS ARE GOING WELL. :thumbsup:

JUST WANTED TO SAY HI, AND THINGS HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR MYSELF ALSO SINCE OUR LAST CONVERSATION QUITE A WHILE AGO. :highfive:

J. :jam:
IF IT DOESN'T GLOW IT DOESN'T GO. KEEP THE PEACE. J.
1975 V-9 = MOUNTAIN LEVELING TONE Image
J.FILAMENTHEAD
Certified

Postby ¤klÿn¡§§¤ on Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:00 pm

Highwaystar wrote:LEFTEEEEEEEE!
First, Congratulations on the 11/22 affair and 50lbs less of you.

Speaking of first meeting a Leftee, We first met at his hotel room in Ontario, Calif. during a NASCAR week end. his hotel was filled with teams.
The best part is he doesn't care about it, so I couldn't get him to a race.

I read that and saw "hotel room"... "filled with TEENS".... :popcorn: :Doh: :urawk:
nothing says *vintage* like a stripped pan-head
¤klÿn¡§§¤
Dances With Valves

Postby Pacafeliz on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:12 am

Short of finishing my 7+ month backpacking trip thru latin america with my girlfriend (yes i got divorced some years ago...), i'll be moving to europe (Germany first) to start some sort of a new life after 23 years over here.
I'm happy, and plan on keeping on rocking.

Right now with my feet in the sand in wonderful Belize, i can't complain.
oaklandanny too wrote:Pat...
This is way late in posting... but I want to say that she's beautiful, man!!! You are blessed and the world will be a better place because of your little girl. Mark my words... She will live in a better world than we live in now... because she will help change it. God bless!!!!

RIP OaklandDanny, thanks for EVERYTHING! God bless you, always!
Pacafeliz
King

Postby 57lpjr on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:33 pm

I was away for awhile but back again. Selling, and buying, gear and getting married in a few months.
I have more gear than I need...but not as much gear as I want...

"Roll over Woodstock - we won!" & "Music is life, and life is not a business." (Iggy Pop 3/15/10)

"but lately one or two has fully paid their due for working for the clampdown...HAH, Gitalong, Gitalong"

"I believe, believe, believe, that there's better days ahead. I believe, believe, believe, that there's a heaven before I'm dead."

"I'll play for free but I gotta get paid for breaking my s**t down at the end of the night"
57lpjr
Ampmeister

Postby T.G.3-55 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:51 pm

still here, joined in '04 - wow 12 yrs. doesn't seem that way. but this was the 1st board i joined & still the best/most pro expertise over the years even though many of the great contributors have come & gone & come again.

would not have education i recieved right here - in Tube History/Design without the contributions of Jeff West, Trampy, Masco & god knows who else. learning about the Mullard et.al. universe & their singular importance in "the tone" completely blew my mind - and the reason i spent '06 buying nothing but vintage tubes; right before the true madness/shady b.s. started on eBay. how those guys that scored bulk cases of glass, & the ww search it entailed is the story yet untold..an industry book that would be a hit in my fractured mind :?

would not have the 2Xth JMJ30 chassis from Masco if not for PP. always a big thx Matt for my nfs JMJ/vintage Silver bell trolley rig (Valvos) that kills.

all the vintage cab design/speaker science/THE SINGULAR CONTRIBUTION OF PULSONIC TO THE TONE, etc...all learnt here on PP.

too much more to break down here - anyways thx Vic. & all you cats. how i wish i had been hipped to the inside stuff when i was starting out a 12 yr/old kid in '66.. :POd:
T.G.3-55
Squire

Postby peter horvath on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey there, folks. I thought I'd drop in to see what was going on...
peter horvath
Baron

Postby Michael Patrick on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Mr. Horvath!!! :cheers:
The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down
Michael Patrick
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Postby Emerson Biggins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:28 am

Hey guys! haven't been here in years,, hope all is well. :thumbsup:
"Yesterday is history, and tomorrow is a mystery,, today is a gift - thats why they call it the present".
Emerson Biggins
Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge