Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Any "ORIGINAL" members still around?

Postby tommie on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm one of the June 2001 batch, so I think I was on the old board before that. I was Marshallhead back then, but got renamed somewhere along the way!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
tommie
Baron

Postby 52Boomer on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I was Beat Les originally, then I was 440A before I ended up where I am. :shhh:
" Are you sure that you're not just imagining that ? "
52Boomer
Prince

Postby steveokla on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Hmnm Seems as if I'm the only one with the same bland moniker. Maybe it's time for something more provocative?? Say, "Shoebox"???
steveokla
Baron

Postby madjackhatter on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:23 am

I always thought "Will Work for Tubes" with an avatar of a guy with his cardboard sign at an intersection in ratty clothes would be a cool handle.... :mrgreen:

Others I've poindered were :
Filiment Breath
Geek in Traing
and VelveetaTone :Zap: :mrgreen:
Recordings from Kerosene Highway and Madjackhatter here...
https://soundcloud.com/kerosene-highway
madjackhatter
Mad Baron

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 am

I am still going by my same name that I got from my Rarebird guitar that I never play now...needs work. Just an impulse name when I was registering here. Wished I'd chosen something cooler like ShredtilDead or 6v64evr. Mayhawk may as well be gayhawk. :P

Have I realiy spent ELEVEN years here ,pretending that I know somethin about guitars n amps ........?

And have I spent even longer poking about in amps, not knowing a thing about electricity, and not ending my quest for tone forever? :shock:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 am

Mayhawk wrote:I am still going by my same name that I got from my Rarebird guitar that I never play now...needs work. Just an impulse name when I was registering here. Wished I'd chosen something cooler like ShredtilDead or 6v64evr. Mayhawk may as well be gayhawk. :P

Have I realiy spent ELEVEN years here ,pretending that I know somethin about guitars n amps ........?

And have I spent even longer poking about in amps, not knowing a thing about electricity, and not ending my quest for tone forever? :shock:

hmmm...... potential names....

ToneWhore

PhallicWeasel

Mr.Awesome

ThatBigSquareThing

PleasureNode

ChipolteSalad

:roll:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby AC50 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:57 am

AC50 seems to work alright, I guess. Glad I didn't pick Numb-Nuts or something equally brilliant. :lol:
AC50
Emperor

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 am

AC50 wrote:AC50 seems to work alright, I guess. Glad I didn't pick Numb-Nuts or something equally brilliant. :lol:

first time i saw your sig i thought "man..... he totally scored on that name..."

:jam:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby MajorWatt on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:48 am

AC50 wrote:AC50 seems to work alright, I guess. Glad I didn't pick Numb-Nuts or something equally brilliant. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: So it would be like... "Hey numbnuts, do you prefer light or heavy gauge strings?"......... :lol: Yes, AC50 is a better choice...
Check out our songs at.......
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
http://www.reverbnation.com/blacksundaydream
http://www.soundclick.com/blacksundaydream

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."
MajorWatt
Airport Gropee

Location: S.F. Bay Area. Where the sun always shines! Except on cloudy or rainy days...

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Yeah, when I heard AC50, I thought, 'duh.' Good catchy name, easy to spell, good connotation, etc.
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby madjackhatter on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm

:laff: :laff: :laff: Phallic Weasel he sez...

There was a band called Speed Weasel in Melbourne some 15 years ago. Those dudes were nuts, not very talented yet oddly enough, very entertaining. They then turned into a band called Gargamel... :lol: :roll: :lol:

Also had an Elvis impersonator we used to call "Rehab Elvis" ( earned name :wink: )
Recordings from Kerosene Highway and Madjackhatter here...
https://soundcloud.com/kerosene-highway
madjackhatter
Mad Baron

Postby Mayhawk on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Weasel...there's a good take off point......... :o

Let's see..

The Wild Weasels
The Greasy Weasels
One Eyed Weasel
Todd the Wet Weasel
Band of Weasels
Mr. Weasel and the Wodents

....and my favorite...you get to keep your hair long....
The Weeezylls of PanTang :rawk:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby AC50 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Unit_1 wrote:

first time i saw your sig i thought "man..... he totally scored on that name..."

Mayhawk wrote:Yeah, when I heard AC50, I thought, 'duh.' Good catchy name, easy to spell, good connotation, etc.

Thanks! It was the first thing that popped into my mind, and I couldn't believe it wasn't already taken. On a vintage amp forum, no less! :shock:
Anyway, you've both got good handles. Actually, there are quite a few really good ones here. "MajorWatt" is another real good one. :thumbsup:
AC50
Emperor

Postby Highwaystar on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 am

HAHAHAHA, good to see a few of those old names, I always thought the "MADJACKHATTER" was a cool name. But then so was Marshallhead and of coarse Mr Horvath. Pete tell my SoundCiy buddy Bobby I said Hi!!!! You guys need to play Hollywood again soon. Wow so many good memories seeing these names.
I gotta admit back in the 90's I was searching for Sound City info and found this place, I even pushed Mrs. Mason to create the 'Sound City' section(and look at it now thanks to Micheal).

PLEASE always keep in your memories Danny. :cry:

OK just getting in from work gotta eat, shower, then fall asleep.

Cheers mates, :cheers:
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

Postby Highwaystar on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:45 am

if you really remember the old times you might rememeber when a certian person would never use any sentence structure so you wouldnt know when it stopped or started but thru time he learned what a period and comma were so everyone else could have a steady brain function
Ah yes, I remember TT very well and I just looked and saw his phone number is still in my phone list. Mwwwwaaaaaahahahaha :shhh:
Nate / #7
Highwaystar
King

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge