Rally round the amps lads....

Topics other than amps, guitars, and tone. No posts about politics or religion.

Re: Rally round the amps lads....

Postby Strat59 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Best wishes Vic , take it easy. I ruptured the L-5 Disc which was sqaushing the Sciatic Nerve left hand side. Like a knife sticking in your hip causing
numbness to the foot. I know the pain you would be dealing with. I came to China had it fixed , all 100% now. The discs will settle and retract as the
inflamation goes. :thumbsup:
"Blues players don't mess around with a guitar, they hit the bloody thing"........ Rory Gallagher
Strat59
Baron

Postby T.G.3-55 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 pm

I'm in, sorry been away for awhile, best wishes Vic..personal knowledge of spinal cord universe - not pretty stuff. This is the most important amp board period..yes we miss some of the old years but all things must pass George said.
T.G.3-55
Squire

Postby AC50 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Shouldn't this also be posted in the various amp groups? There are regulars there who we almost never see in Off Topic Lounge.
AC50
Emperor

Postby Unit_1 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 am

plexi wrote:Hey Lads,
Your all a great bunch and all your donations have done wonders. Some of you were incredibly generous and we appreciate the support. I'm down with medical disability at present. Were keeping the place running and your donations have been EXTREMELY helpful so thank you all and I promise the board is safe and sound. It will be here for a long time don't worry.

What's wrong with me? I've got ruptured cervical discs in my neck and they are pressing down on the nerves branching out into the arms. This has progressed to a level where I'm not able to work at present but I'm going to be fixed up at some point with surgery and I'll get the use of my Left arm back.

This is not uncommon and some of you either had this or know someone that has. So without anymore sob story I'll leave it at that.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Thanks again
Victor Mason

that really stinks vic. sorry to hear. i too have so much wrong with me i'm unable to do the work i've done my whole life (programming). i just turned down a 3 year contracting gig *that found me through the grapevine* at $120k a year..... :-(
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Easto on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 am

I'm in. Not much, but I'm in. Hope it helps.
Easto
Certified

Postby Britishampfan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 pm

I can send a check if you need it- now that I have been working for a bit, been a rough year.

Vic I hope they can do something for you, nothing worse than spine issues and back pain. I wish you well!
Britishampfan
Connoisseur of Crunch

Postby Mayhawk on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 am

Sorry to hear about the spinal cord issues, Vic. I understand the pain and the debility. Back issues myself, lower back. When it would flareup, I used to have to walk with my back against the wall. Or hunched over something. Agonizing. Currently I am wrestling with tendonitis in my left lateral delt..... no fun. :evil:

Having said that, I have to add a lot of this is our own doing....sure is in my case. Lousy diet, too much food, not exercising, weak core muscles. I'm on the road back.....running and biking more, will add light lifting when the tendonitis clears, better diet, etc., trying to go to bed earlier, etc. You know, like Mick Jagger.... :wink:

Last few years have been a financially poor........ thank you, govt. But things are looking up. Donation sent and will try to contribute on a regular basis in the new year when the new job kicks in. :thumbsup:
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby plexi on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:58 am

Just wanted to say thank again and update. Got the situation to calm down and am back on the bench building. Should be patched up new Gain come November 15th when go through the throat and sort it all out. Hard to beleive but I'm looking forward to having my throat cut open! Ha ha

Read the posts. I see I'm not alone in the area of rotting discs and musculoskeletal disorders. What's with this place. We're going to have to get our own wheel chairs with amps and guitar stand built in.
plexi
Site Admin

Postby Cy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:15 am

plexi wrote:Just wanted to say thank again and update. Got the situation to calm down and am back on the bench building. Should be patched up new Gain come November 15th when go through the throat and sort it all out. Hard to beleive but I'm looking forward to having my throat cut open! Ha ha

Read the posts. I see I'm not alone in the area of rotting discs and musculoskeletal disorders. What's with this place. We're going to have to get our own wheel chairs with amps and guitar stand built in.

Glad you are feeling better! Yeah, I have a pinched nerve problem with my right shoulder and arm. It comes and goes but the last episode was pretty painful and numbness in the right arm/hand...not good for a guitar teacher. Thank goodness for Tramadol/pain-killers. Off of those now. I guess all those years setting up PA and lugging 4/12's around is catching up. When we are young we think we are invincible and we pay for it when we are older.
Certe, toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, it's the war room!

Talent borrows, genius steals
Cy
Baron

Postby Mayhawk on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

Cy wrote:
plexi wrote:Just wanted to say thank again and update. Got the situation to calm down and am back on the bench building. Should be patched up new Gain come November 15th when go through the throat and sort it all out. Hard to beleive but I'm looking forward to having my throat cut open! Ha ha

Glad you are feeling better! Yeah, I have a pinched nerve problem with my right shoulder and arm. It comes and goes but the last episode was pretty painful and numbness in the right arm/hand...not good for a guitar teacher. Thank goodness for Tramadol/pain-killers. Off of those now. I guess all those years setting up PA and lugging 4/12's around is catching up. When we are young we think we are invincible and we pay for it when we are older.

W/r to the last two sentences, ain't that the truth? When I was younger, I thought I was gonna die if I didn't have at least a half stack. A full stack and you were in, regardless of talent, no questions asked. Anyone remember the days of a down payment, take it home, and pay each month just to have that amp of your dreams/the bigger the better?

Ampegs, Twins, huge oversized Fender cabs, old PA cabs I got 'for nothing' .....it all adds up over time.
Mayhawk
User of the Murse

Postby AC50 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm

The human body is like any other machine. It wears out in time.
AC50
Emperor

Postby Baron Von Machinenmann on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:20 pm

plexi wrote:Read the posts. I see I'm not alone in the area of rotting discs and musculoskeletal disorders. What's with this place. We're going to have to get our own wheel chairs with amps and guitar stand built in.

As long as it's powered by Tung-Sol 5881's driving the wheel servos I'm good with that! :P

Seriously, glad you are on the mend. :cheers:
ImageImageImage

John Lennon/Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page Fan
Baron Von Machinenmann
Administrator of Mirth

Postby plexi on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 am

We're still here thanks to everyone trying to help out.

I just want to say thanks again but today, The Hurricane is knocking out a lot of users form accessing the board and even getting around etc. Stay safe, Hope to hear from you guys soon.
plexi
Site Admin

Postby steveokla on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Victor,
Please let me add my best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Will try to contribute again, as well. Warmest regards, Steve
steveokla
Baron

Postby plexi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am

Okey Dokey,
Big day tomorrow,

Please remember we need you guys as much as you need this place. If only a few bucks is affordable Drop it in the hat. Ill be off the map and I need to be sure this place is covered if I'm not back tot he bench in a timely manner.

Keep up the good work and catch you all on the other side

Peace my fellow brothers of Amp addicts anonymous!
plexi
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Lounge