New Speakers

That elusive piece of the overall equation, so many options and so little time to test them all — Celestion, Fane, Eminence, Jensen, JbL, Utah, Ceramic, Alnico, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10, 1x15, 2x15, 4x15, 1x18 and I'm sure there are even more!

New Speakers

Postby GE-Tele on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi all new one here. Has anyone had any doings with Jupiter speakers, I here they give really great sound in low wattage 3-25 amps
Planing on putting a 10SC in my Princeton copycat when done. Listened to a few sound samples on YouTube and their site and they sound clean/mellow with a bark to them. Any Yahoo's :old:
GE-Tele
Peasant

Re: New Speakers

Postby Unit_1 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:03 pm

I have not, but have been keeping an eye open since first seeing they were making speakers now. I love the color, lol....

I built 11 5e3's with different coupling capacitors so I could do some double blind testing, the jupiter's came in closest to the original yellow astron "blue point" capacitors, so I have a high regard to their ability to produce these great caps.

Would certainly be interested in hearing about your personal experience after you install. Before and after sound clips would be a nice touch :-)

:highfive:

The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: New Speakers

Postby GE-Tele on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:48 pm

I think the Princeton might get done in about a week I hope :fingersx: IF! it works right I'll try to post a sound sample.
I'll compare my Peavey rage 258 trans tube with a Jensen V-1030 I put in and it works sounds better than that 8" Blue Marvel...

:idea:
GE-Tele
Peasant

Return to Speakers and Cabinets