Fane Crescendo Check

That elusive piece of the overall equation, so many options and so little time to test them all — Celestion, Fane, Eminence, Jensen, JbL, Utah, Ceramic, Alnico, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10, 1x15, 2x15, 4x15, 1x18 and I'm sure there are even more!

Fane Crescendo Check

Postby crex on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi, I have been waiting around for sometime to get some vintage Fane Crescendo's and these have appeared on ebay but I don't recall seeing this colour before. The seller states they have the same model number written on them as the ones with crescendo on the label. Are these recognised as Crescendo's?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wem-2x12-cabs-2-fane-crescendo-100w-in-each-/141652459220?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fb24fed4

Thanks.
crex
Peasant

Re: Fane Crescendo Check

Postby OldSchoolDave on Wed May 06, 2015 2:04 pm

crex wrote:... but I don't recall seeing this colour before. The seller states they have the same model number written on them as the ones with crescendo on the label. Are these recognised as Crescendo's?

They appear gold-ish, due to the photography. Is that the colour to which you refer?

In any case, those seem correct to me.

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...
http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
OldSchoolDave
Prince

Postby crex on Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks. I think I'll wait for the more typical black and silver labels as I think these may be harder to sell on in the future.
crex
Peasant

Postby sitka_spruce on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:12 pm

crex wrote:Thanks. I think I'll wait for the more typical black and silver labels as I think these may be harder to sell on in the future.

I'm aware I'm a bit late to the party but the Crescendos did come with a few different labels, and later w. black baskets. Doesn't have to say The Crescendo to be the real deal - the chrome bands surrounding the magnets are dead giveaways. And obviously the product code would tell you what they are for certain if in doubt.
sitka_spruce
Certified

Return to Speakers and Cabinets