Fender speaker indentification

That elusive piece of the overall equation, so many options and so little time to test them all — Celestion, Fane, Eminence, Jensen, JbL, Utah, Ceramic, Alnico, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10, 1x15, 2x15, 4x15, 1x18 and I'm sure there are even more!

Fender speaker indentification

Postby cayle on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:20 am

Hi guys. This is my first post in this forum.

I just have a question regarding this old Fender speaker I recently acquired. I don't know much about it, other than it is 4ohms. Can anyone help me identify the speaker and give info especially the wattage? Thanks! :)

cayle
Peasant

Re: Fender speaker indentification

Postby pckpat on Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:27 am

Well it's an Eminence (the 67 at the beginning of the EIA code). It looks pretty similar to one I have in a '74 SF Twin (not original to it however-Im running it with a V30)-it came out of an '84 Twin and has a frame and magnet that look like yours(minus the rust). So mine is obviously good for 50 watts, anyways. The codes on yours are very different from mine though, and a little hard to decipher from the pics due to the beat up labels. I also have a couple other Fender 12" Emi's kicking around somewhere, I'll have a look later this weekend or next week (one is in a closed-back Traynor 1-12 and the other I have to find) :P
"Who does not work,is heavy to the earth" (Albanian proverb)
"Vision without action,is a dream-Action without vision is a nightmare"-(Japanese saying)
pckpat
Emperor

Return to Speakers and Cabinets