Recommend Speaker (electrical) repair in Nashville.

That elusive piece of the overall equation, so many options and so little time to test them all — Celestion, Fane, Eminence, Jensen, JbL, Utah, Ceramic, Alnico, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10, 1x15, 2x15, 4x15, 1x18 and I'm sure there are even more!

Recommend Speaker (electrical) repair in Nashville.

Postby Pearly Grapes on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 am

I have a vintage 15" Jensen that went 'phhtt' & stopped working. No cone damage that I can see, so I assume it's electrical. I'm only a few hours from Nashville, & would like recommendations of a reputable repair shop that can handle something like this.
Thanks
Crank 'em if you got 'em!
Pearly Grapes
Knight

Re: Recommend Speaker (electrical) repair in Nashville.

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 am

can't remember where I heard the name, and really astonished I remembered the name

http://palmergear.com/speaker_service.shtml

JAMS Speaker Services

Sam Stafford, owner of JAMS Audio, has been Nashville's premiere speaker repairman since 1984. Past certifications include JBL Pro and Consumer, and Electro Voice. Over the years Sam has repaired virtually every major brand of loudspeaker. His satisfied clients include:
Steven Durr Designs, the BB King Clubs (Nashville and Memphis), Charlie Daniels Band, Clint Black, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Larry Carlton, Jerry McPherson, Eric Johnson, Mark Baldwin, Ocean Way Studios, Sound Image, the Sound Kitchen, Bobby Capps/38 Special, Belmont University, Cadillac Ranch, Douglas Corner, The Limelight/Rob McClain, Logan Media Services, Remedy Drive, Production House of Nashville, The Second Fiddle, The Stage on Broadway, MTV Networks/CMT, Ibiza NightClub, Malaco Recording, Mark Matejka/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mike McAdam, Peak Audio/Memphis, Soundcheck/Nashville, US Music Corp/Eden, Roy Vogt, Dan Penn Music, Vanderbilt University, Tom 'Murph' Wanca/Nashville Pro Hammond, Dennis Wage, AHAB Music/Ray Stevens, Chuck Glass, Library of Congress, House of Blues Studio/Nashville, Wedgewood Studio, John Jorgensen, Keith Urban .....
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Re: Recommend Speaker (electrical) repair in Nashville.

Postby Pearly Grapes on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:08 am

Wow! Sounds promising; I'll check them out! Thanks!!
Crank 'em if you got 'em!
Pearly Grapes
Knight

Return to Speakers and Cabinets