10" emi ragin cajun, lil buddy vs tone tubby vs gold vs wgs

That elusive piece of the overall equation, so many options and so little time to test them all — Celestion, Fane, Eminence, Jensen, JbL, Utah, Ceramic, Alnico, 1x12, 2x12, 4x12, 2x10, 4x10, 1x15, 2x15, 4x15, 1x18 and I'm sure there are even more!

10" emi ragin cajun, lil buddy vs tone tubby vs gold vs wgs

Postby lespaulnmarshall on Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi,
I haven't posted here in a while

I would like to start off by saying that all info about these speakers is relevant to me so everything is welcome. Also if you can't compare the speakers to eachother, if you have experiance with only one of the speakers mentioned, please tell me all you know about it, everything is helpful to me.
I'm looking for some new speakers in my Super reverb from 1965. It currently has Jensen C10Q's and P10Q's which I find too thin. I'm looking for speakers with a deeper, thicker and fuller sound. I think I would like to keep the american type tone of the super and just thicken it up and make it fuller and deeper sounding, which would eliminate the celestion alnico golds, but I'm a fan of matt schofield and his super with 2 golds and two reverend alltone 1030's sounds real sweet so I might want to keep that option open.
I've narrowed my choices down to this but I don't know how these speakers all compare to eachother or which would suit my needs the best. It's hard to find good info and sound clips on these speakers.

-WGS G10C or G10C/S
-Eminence Ragin' Cajun (another Matt Schofield favorite)
-Eminence Lil Buddy (should be comparable to tone tubby ceramics)
- 2x Tone Tubby alnico (which I would have to pair with two of the speakers mentioned above)
- 2x celestion gold (which I would have to pair with two of the speakers mentioned above, other than the tone tubby's that would be too expensive for me)

Thanks a lot for reading, all help is appreciated
Thanks!

Ps: I'd love to hear some good sound clips of some of the speakers I'm looking at if anyone has some.
I got a pet monkey called Charlie Chan - Jimi Hendrix

lespaulnmarshall
Peasant

Return to Speakers and Cabinets