What model Sano is this ?

Gibson, Valco, Gretsch, and more

What model Sano is this ?

Postby Tomm Williams on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:05 pm

I recently acquired a cool 60's era Sano but I'm not certain of what model it is. It has 1-12" and 2-8"s, runs on a pair of EL34's, has 2 channels with a stereo input, Tremolo on both channels (independent) and has the gold swirl grill cloth. The speakers appear to be OEM Eminence to my eye. There is a tag inside saying model 300 but it looks nothing like the 300's I've seen. It's shaped much more like a Supersonic but the controls are very different. Any ideas ?
Tomm Williams
Peasant

Re: What model Sano is this ?

Postby stratele52 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 pm

If no picture, amp do not exist, post some pictures.

Sano amps here; http://www.larryjohnmcnally.com/sano_amps.html

Sano Supersonic , 1 X 15 inches , 2 X 8 inches

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showt ... -Amplifier
stratele52
Knight

Postby Tomm Williams on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:44 pm

Aaaahhhh.................It looks like the answer was in the chassis the whole time. Mine is a 300S which apparently stands for "Stereo" as it has a stereo input. The serial number is 300/50 I guess meaning the 50th produced in that design. I was initially perplexed as it looks absolutely nothing like a 300R or 300RC which I assumed by the numbers would be similar..................not one bit. Cannot find any reference to it anywhere in Google-land but the model number is right there on the chassis.
Tomm Williams
Peasant

Postby Dean Jr. on Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Is that amp exceptionally clean with an olive drab canvas cover with a zip pocket on one end? did you get it in California?
I had one similar to that one..dead mint....that went to a vintage store on Sunset BLVD back in the late '90's.
Dean Jr.
Page

Postby Tomm Williams on Thu May 18, 2017 4:15 pm

It is extremely clean but I did not get it in Ca, nor is there a cover.
Tomm Williams
Peasant

Postby Dean Jr. on Thu May 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Just wondering.....I didn't really want to let it go, but that vintage shop bought a lot of really nice amps from me at prices that I probably could not get from people around here. the last thing they bought was a dead m int 5F1 from 1957. The y had been trying for years to get it. They finally met my price, which was more than the owner had ever paid for any tweed Champ..his words...not mine. HE wanted it badly.
Congrats on the amp. really high fidelity sound for an instrument amp, ime.
Dean Jr.
Page

Return to Miscellaneous American Amplifiers