Royal Super Bunny - Japan

Gibson, Valco, Gretsch, and more

Royal Super Bunny - Japan

Postby Dr Tony Balls on Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Just posting pics of an amp im working on. This is some kind of oddball amp from Japan that was posted on another forum. Was bought by a forum member in Japan, then sold to another forum member in the States, and its making a pit stop at my shop for an overhaul, repair, and schematic trace. Figured I'd keep a running thread on it for those that are curious. Havent pulled the chassis out yet, but for now here's some exterior shots.

Dr Tony Balls
Peasant

Re: Royal Super Bunny - Japan

Postby Unit_1 on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:27 am

I think that is the weirdest color, what is that? pastel burnt orange?

Besides that, an interesting looking amp, kinda busy looking with the dial arrangement. Looking forward to gut shots!
:mrgreen:
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Dr Tony Balls on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:33 pm

GUTS. Its not too bad inside. A bit messy with some long runs but thats just what you get with a weird control layout like it has. So far the trace is going well, but there are parts I cant see on the underside of the board. I cant easily flip it to see so before I unsolder leads to get at it im gonna try inspection with a mirror. Otherwise is looks pretty okay...one cut wire at the power transformer primary and the pilot light is disconnected. Couple of effd pots. Hopefully all the big stuff works.

Dr Tony Balls
Peasant

Postby Unit_1 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:08 am

Bizarre

I've never seen a pot wiring harness at first I thought I was looking at shielded wire, then I realized there were multiple leads.

looks like those wires were cut on purpose? Someone's idea of how to say "the chassis is hot don't use this"?
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby Dr Tony Balls on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Schematic trace is done, barring any errors that turn up. Its basically like a Twin Reverb, but running EL34s with an oddball tone stack and a Fet booster on the front end of the rock channel. Now its time to start firing it up and see what it needs to be healthy again.

Link to bigger version: https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5154/29970742505_4adc9267c9_h.jpg
Dr Tony Balls
Peasant

Return to Miscellaneous American Amplifiers