* Need Help with BLOCKHEAD JTM-style Amp ID *

Gibson, Valco, Gretsch, and more

* Need Help with BLOCKHEAD JTM-style Amp ID *

Postby sgtsteiner on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey All -- Need some help ID-ing this Blockhead JTM-style amp a buddy of mine has.

We're not sure which model it is and haven't been able to find it anywhere on-line. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Here are pics and the manunfacturer's original description --

"This is a JTM replica with a little twist. It is a stock 1967 JTM circuit, 5ar4 tube recto, 2- el34, 3 ecc83. The transformers are authentic. The power transformer is a low voltage model running 300 volts- this leads to a softer, sweeter breakup with a little less headroom than the higher voltage transformers found in the later 50 watters. The output transformer is el34 version of the radiospares transformer, it has a primary of 3.4k with m6 laminations. we think you will find that this OT retains the clarity and sweetness of the Splitfront OT, but runs lower impedance to accommodate the el34. Another special feature is this amp ahs a split cathode. Channel 1 has a .68uf/1K bypass to accentuate the mid response, channel 2 has a 250uf/820ohm bypass which is a stock setup, giving the classic big bottom of the early Marshalls."

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... 8oaior.jpg

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... jisrps.jpg
stampedtandb@gmail.com
sgtsteiner
Peasant

Re: * Need Help with BLOCKHEAD JTM-style Amp ID *

Postby BEATUPOLDMARSHALL on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:25 pm

it looks like the red JTM50 type I just sold. Ossie makes great amps!
BEATUPOLDMARSHALL
Peasant

Postby sgtsteiner on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Anybody? Still looking for some concrete info! Thanks!
stampedtandb@gmail.com
sgtsteiner
Peasant

Postby Unit_1 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:31 pm

impossible to tell without gut shots, but looks like a jtm50 plexi clone from the outside.
The ability to play/make music is a gift that not everyone gets. Those of us who have it should use it.

Asimov:Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today — but the core of science fiction, its essence, the concept around which it revolves, has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Unit_1
Prince

Location: Kali4ñia (a small planet orbiting the west coast of the United States)

Postby sgtsteiner on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:11 am

Does this help any? Thanks! Direct link shows full length --

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247 ... aryv0k.jpg
stampedtandb@gmail.com
sgtsteiner
Peasant

Postby sgtsteiner on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey All -- Got a hold of Ossie himself and this is what he said --

"That amplifier was one of the last Blockheads I made. It was a JTM50 type. Not much to say that was not covered in the blurb :). I wanted to make something that was leaning a little more towards rock tone without getting into the JMP territory, and this is what I came up with. Them "BLK" logo is a tribute to the Black Flag JTM50s of the late 60's. Love that amp."

Thanks all!
stampedtandb@gmail.com
sgtsteiner
Peasant

Return to Miscellaneous American Amplifiers