1936 cab blurb has changed

Hosted by Marshall Founding Father G3SDW. Discuss JTM45, JTM50, JTM100, Bluesbreaker, Super Lead, Super Bass, 200W, 100W, 50W, 20W, Plexi Panels, Metal Panels, 4x12 straight, 4x12 slant, Pinstripe, Basketweave, Checkerboard, Park, Kitchen-Marshall and Narb

1936 cab blurb has changed

Postby jaywalker on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:49 pm

I noticed this recently...
"...Rugged and ready for the road

Roadworthiness is a vital prerequisite in the world of relentless touring. As Marshall's 40 years of cabinet building attest, Marshall cabinets are definitely built to stand the test of time! Their highly skilled craftsmen construct these cabinets from the finest materials available - finger-jointed plywood, cotton-backed PVC covering, heavy-duty hardware, and the highest quality fittings."
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1936

They may have been using plywood for a while (as stated by someone in an earlier topic) but I suspect that they were letting the system flush out the mdf cabs before changing the advertised specs. Even so, the ad is not specific about the type of plywood whereas the 1960 series is more specific by stating "birch plywood"

Speaking of which, I picked up a JCM800 1936 (plywood) a few months ago. It had G12T75's so I'm shuffling speakers around a bit.
WGS 30w Reapers in there now w/built in attenuation making it a 100w cab...for now.

Pics? I just received notice about excessive 3rd party hosting of pictures.
jaywalker
Baron

Return to Marshall